Eric Duncan

Weekend Thread: Equalizer 2 pulls off an upset win over Mamma Mia 2 - 35.83M to 34.44M

Just now, filmlover said:

To be fair, a lot of the sales for the actual weekend. Heck, the show I'm seeing tomorrow is already over half full.

Sure, but (at my theater at least) this hasn't been walkup based. The majority of seats sold yesterday were bought at least 3-4 hours in advance with plenty of capacity left as shows started, and most shows today only increased 6 or 7 tickets this morning.

• Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Sure, but (at my theater at least) this hasn't been walkup based. The majority of seats sold yesterday were bought at least 3-4 hours in advance with plenty of capacity left as shows started, and most shows today only increased 6 or 7 tickets this morning.

I think that is why people thought MM would be huge. Pre sales are huge but not walk ups and the pre sales where avg for E2 but the walk ups are big.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

How come the weekend multiplier for MM2 will be low, yet the legs over the next few weeks are gonna be spectacular?

Target audience of older women usually results in better legs. Book Club has made about 5 times its opening and Ocean's 8 has made over 3 times its opening for a $40M+ bow.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alli said:

How come the weekend multiplier for MM2 will be low, yet the legs over the next few weeks are gonna be spectacular?

it's just speculation or a guess. Nobody really knows what the legs going to be like for the film especially if it perform  like an average sequel.

Edited by Curtis1986
  • Like 1

I'm still expecting both of this weekend's main openers to get 3x's until proven otherwise. Both movies can drop 55% next weekend yet rebound quickly; just look at Ocean's 8. It helps that they'll have strong theater counts until the summer is over.

• Like 1

BOP predictions and TCs: https://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-tracking-predator-simple-favor-white-boy-rick-highlight-mid-september/

The Predator: 28/65 (OW range of 24-34M)

A Simple Favor: 14/40 (OW range of 11-19M)

White Boy Rick: 7.5/24 (OW range of 6-12M

Unbroken: 2/4.9 (OW range of 2-4M)

Dog Days: 4.5/13

Christopher Robin: 30/110 (-9%)

Spy Who Dumped Me: 16.5/60 (-3/-5%)

Slender Man: 21/55 (+11/+8%)

Happytime Murders: 16/42 (-11%)

MI's OW went up 3% while Teen Titans went down 3%

Christopher Robin: 3,700

Spy Who Dumped Me: 3,100

The Darkest Minds: 3,000

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

BOP predictions and TCs: https://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-tracking-predator-simple-favor-white-boy-rick-highlight-mid-september/

The Predator: 28/65 (OW range of 24-34M)

A Simple Favor: 14/40 (OW range of 11-19M)

White Boy Rick: 7.5/24 (OW range of 6-12M

Unbroken: 2/4.9 (OW range of 2-4M)

Dog Days: 4.5/13

Christopher Robin: 30/110 (-9%)

Spy Who Dumped Me: 16.5/60 (-3/-5%)

Slender Man: 21/55 (+11/+8%)

Happytime Murders: 16/42 (-11%)

MI's OW went up 3% while Teen Titans went down 3%

Christopher Robin: 3,700

Spy Who Dumped Me: 3,100

The Darkest Minds: 3,000

Is Slender Man tracking for a $21 opening - $55 total?