Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

16 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Now why did Feige have to go on an anti-Oscar rant earlier this year, over Eternals of all films, when he knew he said THIS waiting in the queue?

i hope there is enough good films this year where we don't nominate blockbusters unless they are breaking new ground

Very good trailer, whoever mixed No Woman, No Cry with Kendrick did an excellent job, it works perfectly.

Approaching 800k likes from the main Marvel Twitter account in 8 hours is huge too, this is going way above DS2 and Thor domestically (doubt it reaches BP1 though).

Edited by SnokesLegs
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

This looks epic. Angela is amazing. 

Namor is too Aquaman for me and if it’s Shuri in the costume, it’ll be a turn off because Letitia is just the worst. This all kind of hinges on that. 

She's the best performance in the trailer, carries the emotional weight and it's easy to figure out who new BP is because that character has the emotional journey in the trailer. Oops. 

Being anti-vax does not make her a bad actress. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I liked the trailer.  Does this take place during the 5 years after the snap?  Also that costume at the end looked like Michael B Jordan's suit from Part 1.  To me after Chadwick's untimely passing, I felt they should call  Michael B and write something to bring him back.  I know he's doing "Creed III" but maybe it's a small role.   I know both Shuri and M'Baku have larger roles but that suit didn't look like M'Baku.  It looked slim and toned like Michael B or again it's Shuri taking up the mantel.  We'll see but I think this is set up to do gangbusters for weeks leading up to Thanksgiving and should dominate until "Avatar" Drops.     I'm sorry but this should have gotten a Summer Release. "Black Panther" is much bigger than people are giving it credit for.   I'm actually upset it took 4 years for a sequel.  It should of been fast tracked in 2 years.  Chadwick was working so hard before he passed.  The trailer just brought so many emotions.   Whatever you thought this was going to do, adjust it.  It's going to have massive interest worldwide.  

12 hours ago, Valonqar said:

She's the best performance in the trailer, carries the emotional weight and it's easy to figure out who new BP is because that character has the emotional journey in the trailer. Oops. 

Being anti-vax does not make her a bad actress. 

Her behavior was especially disappointing BECAUSE she is this gifted. 

Anyhoo, I'm glad it seems to have worked out in the end. Angela B. bringing it with her line delivery. And that Tems cover of No Woman, No Cry? Oof.

Whatever is shown of Namor and the Atlanteans (are they still going to be called that?) looks incredible too. 

Ryan pours an astounding amount of empathy into his work. I wouldn't be complaining if he got the keys to MCU X-Men. But honestly I would like to see more non-Marvel, non-Creed stuff from him. Such an immense talent.

But yeah, that’s a good teaser. I rolled my eyes at what I thought was yet another haunting cover of an old pop song so the bait and switch of that trope worked on me. 

How characters in a film (and therefore the film itself) deal with a suddenly absent protagonist is potentially rich story material. There’s a lot of interesting stuff they can do there. I really hope marvel were more hands-off than normal with this and let the director do a self-contained drama.

• Like 1