Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

4 hours ago, Ecks Ecks Are said:

2022 isn't 2017. The metric of YT likes changed drastically with Infinity War and Endgame. The first L&T teaser was at 1.4M after 24 hours. DSMOM teaser at 1.7M, NWH at 2.4M, etc etc. 

Black Panther was underperforming on youtube even compared to the Marvel movies that happened during those years except Antman.

Ragnarok and Cap Marvel literaly destroyed it on views and likes.

• Like 2

Really enjoyed the trailer, and they didn't reveal too much. 

It looks more and more likely that Nakia isn't going to be the Black Panther, unfortunately. I thought Shuri was the weakest of the significant characters in the first film, so seeing her taking up that mantle is not something I find believable at all. 

1 hour ago, Noctis said:

Really enjoyed the trailer, and they didn't reveal too much. 

It looks more and more likely that Nakia isn't going to be the Black Panther, unfortunately. I thought Shuri was the weakest of the significant characters in the first film, so seeing her taking up that mantle is not something I find believable at all. 

I have to jump in here and defend Shuri as the only logical choice out of known characters. Didn't you guys see BP and remember its lore? 

BP belongs to the tribe that worships panther God/spirit. So that removes M'Baku from contention cause his tribe has a different God/spirit. 

T'Challa's and Shuri's ancestors on their father's side, including their father, were BPs previously. That means that their descendants can access them on the plane of anscestors if they need advice about all things BP. Which removes everyone else we know from contention cause they don't have these ancestors. Remember, new BP is yet to become so some consultation with previous BPs is more likely than not cause that's how all hero journey stories go. It's going to be an origin movie, partly. 

Shuri is second in line to the throne cause T'Challa didn't have children that we know of. BP was the perk of being the King of Wakanda so that would extend to her assuming she is unchallenged or wins the challenge in the waterfall fight. 

Finally, they wouldn't show her carry BP mask at the funeral if it didn't mean she would take the role:

62dcc7df21142200185ee93c?width=1000&form

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2

Not really a fan of the concept of race-swapping,  but latino Namor looks great 

edit: I was under the impression that comic namor was pretty clearly "white"

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

4 hours ago, LVB said:

Twitter

Marvel Studios - 28.5M views - 1.1M likes

Chadwick Boseman - 7.9M views - 580K likes

Youtube

Marvel Entertainment - 12.5M views - 793K likes

ING - 2.9M views

Marvel Latinoamérica/Brasil - 1.54M views

Yeah this is playing really fucking well.  For comparison, the ROP SDCC trailer hasn't reached 100k likes anywhere.  oof.

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

I have to jump in here and defend Shuri as the only logical choice out of known characters. Didn't you guys see BP and remember its lore? 

BP belongs to the tribe that worships panther God/spirit. So that removes M'Baku from contention cause his tribe has a different God/spirit. 

T'Challa's and Shuri's ancestors on their father's side, including their father, were BPs previously. That means that their descendants can access them on the plane of anscestors if they need advice about all things BP. Which removes everyone else we know from contention cause they don't have these ancestors. Remember, new BP is yet to become so some consultation with previous BPs is more likely than not cause that's how all hero journey stories go. It's going to be an origin movie, partly. 

Shuri is second in line to the throne cause T'Challa didn't have children that we know of. BP was the perk of being the King of Wakanda so that would extend to her assuming she is unchallenged or wins the challenge in the waterfall fight. 

Finally, they wouldn't show her carry BP mask at the funeral if it didn't mean she would take the role:

62dcc7df21142200185ee93c?width=1000&form

Shuri was more of the science girl in BP, but now they have Riri.

Lupita does have more appeal in terms of charisma and poise. But I agree about the family line and the Queen's speech in the teaser really does help to "bring it home" that it is a family thing.

I'm pretty sure that by the time the movie comes out, people will (hopefully) get over any controversy that Leticia stirred and look at the performance and character. That is what actors and actresses are paid to do.

• Like 1

Lupita hates working, she's not going to sign on to be Black Panther y'all, come on. 

I couldn't be happier with this teaser. I was getting very worried that this movie would continue the Phase 4 trend, but I'm so glad Ryan Coogler is taking care of us after such a rough run of films.  The song choices, editing, VFX, production values all look spectacular. I would not be surprised if this usurped Avatar 2's place in the best picture line up even. 

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

Wakanda Forever Teaser Trailer - 24HR Numbers - Main Channels 

Twitter = 32.4M views, 1.2M likes

YouTube = 15.4M views, 840K likes 

Instagram (Marvel Studios/Marvel) = 19.8M views, 4.15M likes

Facebook = 23.2M views, 739K likes 

P.S The official poster on Twitter had 1.5M likes, more than 40% higher than the previous record (1M and change for the NWH first poster). 

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

11 minutes ago, Ecks Ecks Are said:

Wakanda Forever Teaser Trailer - 24HR Numbers - Main Channels 

Twitter = 32.4M views, 1.2M likes

YouTube = 15.4M views, 840K likes 

Instagram (Marvel Studios/Marvel) = 19.8M views, 4.15M likes

Facebook = 23.2M views, 739K likes 

P.S The official poster on Twitter had 1.5M likes, more than 40% higher than the previous record (1M and change for the NWH first poster). 

On 4/19/2022 at 9:32 AM, fabiopazzo2 said:

24 hours trailer views(Main channel)

YT: 20.4M views 1.2M likes

Twitter: 26M views 674k likes

Instagram:

Marvel studios 11.4M views

Marvel 12.9M views

Hemsworth: 10.9M views

facebook:  18M views

Thor 4 teaser comparison. Ended up not too far behind (actually ahead on like-for-like channels) after starting far lower. 

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

Not really a fan of race-swappng,  but latino Namor looks great 

Are you joking here or serious?  Who is he supposed to be played by?  Last I checked, Namor was/is "Atlantean" -- and they don't exist in our real-world-history.  As I've noted before in (I think) this thread -- there is no real historical evidence that Atlantis actually existed -- even the Greeks disagreed about its legitimacy centuries ago.  But there is indeed one attempted "claim" on Atlantic heritage from a "mysterious island near the Bahamas"...so the vague real-world historical claims are possible in a region nearby Guatemala, Mayan heritage, etc.  ...If that's what you need to justify the casting.

By the way...Jason Momoa isn't "Atlantean," either... And the MCU had to do something to distinguish their Atlantic Atlantean from Momoa's Hawaiian/Pacific-heritage Aquaman.  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 9

29 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Lupita hates working, she's not going to sign on to be Black Panther y'all, come on. 

I couldn't be happier with this teaser. I was getting very worried that this movie would continue the Phase 4 trend, but I'm so glad Ryan Coogler is taking care of us after such a rough run of films.  The song choices, editing, VFX, production values all look spectacular. I would not be surprised if this usurped Avatar 2's place in the best picture line up even. 

Elaborate please, because that sounds very moronic. I do have high hopes for BP2 and it does look spectacular, but you must have not lived on planet Earth if you think MCU's VFX and production value will come anywhere close to Avatar's. 

7 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Elaborate please, because that sounds very moronic. I do have high hopes for BP2 and it does look spectacular, but you must have not lived on planet Earth if you think MCU's VFX and production value will come anywhere close to Avatar's. 

Lupita's known for being very sparse/picky with her projects and she recently dropped out of that Natalie Portman TV series kind of out the blue. Like the number of films she's been in since her Oscar win in 2014 is pretty low and half of them are SW things where they just shows up for 5 min in mo cap lol

32 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Thor 4 teaser comparison. Ended up not too far behind (actually ahead on like-for-like channels) after starting far lower. 

Day of week may play a role here too - would image social media is more broadly available/active on a Sat/Sun (leisure time) than Mon/Tue (work time), where the default option may be the more accessible YouTube

• Like 2

Lupita has the star power to be the next Black Panther, but from a story perspective, Shuri probably makes more sense. Unfortunately, I was never really a fan of Shuri or Letitia Wright’s performance to begin with, and it has very little to do with her real life behavior. I just never found Shuri particularly endearing. I mostly just associate with her with that dumb Vine reference from the first movie. 

From the looks of it, this movie is gonna try and show off her more dramatic chops, so I guess we’ll see how she fares. 

Edited by WittyUsername

15 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Lupita has the star power to be the next Black Panther, but from a story perspective, Shuri probably makes more sense. Unfortunately, I was never really a fan of Shuri or Letitia Wright’s performance to begin with, and it has very little to do with her real life behavior. I just never found Shuri particularly endearing. I mostly just associate with her with that dumb Vine reference from the first movie. 

From the looks of it, this movie is gonna try and show off her more dramatic chops, so I guess we’ll see how she fares. 

I have zero tolerance for her real life bullshit but she is pretty great in Steve McQueen's Mangrove. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, M37 said:

Day of week may play a role here too - would image social media is more broadly available/active on a Sat/Sun (leisure time) than Mon/Tue (work time), where the default option may be the more accessible YouTube

First 24 hr is dead, long live first 168 hr