Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

On 2/16/2023 at 11:02 AM, ChipDerby said:

Finally saw this. It was fine I guess. CGI was bad. Not sure why they included Riri at all. Kinda bummed they made Shuri Black Panther. Lupita needs to escape Marvel, she was the only saving grace of this.

You're making the film sound way worse than it actually is lol

It's better than BP1 imo 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Nah. I am not even able to finish this damn movie. Chadwick's charisma carried the BP movie. Letitia is a pale imitation of that. They are not in the same universe. 

I agree. I could not get into it at all. No idea why so many liked it. I had 4 goes at finishing it. Ended up fast forwarding to reach the end.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Jamie Lee Curtis beat her at SAG. RIP Oscar

Angela Bassett lost the thing

JLC is really weird to me. I don't know why it wouldn't just be Hsu if you really want to go EEAAO for supporting, but I'd rather it be Condon.

I guess it could be a career award for her, but still.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ronin46 said:

I agree. I could not get into it at all. No idea why so many liked it. I had 4 goes at finishing it. Ended up fast forwarding to reach the end.

You really have a hard time seeing why so many people liked the sequel? It's simple. Ryan Coogler knows how to direct a movie with Oscar worthy performance. Look at Eternal, Thor, DS2 and Ant man. Green screen don't take place of great acting and competent story telling. Wakanda Forever had the biggest production troubles of them all so it's no excuse for the other films. People are sick of this silly little Marvel films with jokes that falls flat. They won't something more serious. Something the can feel. Why do you think the film is also a huge hit on streaming. 

Edited by Nikostar

Wakanda Forever was fantastic. Yes a step down from the first one but still great. The cast did amazing. Chadwick presence was always going to be felt but they did amazing. Letitia stepped up hard. 

Also JLC winning over Hsu, Basset or Condon is just wild. Lol. Condon for Oscars probably now.

1 hour ago, Nikostar said:

You really have a hard time seeing why so many people liked the sequel? It's simple. Ryan Coogler knows how to direct a movie with Oscar worthy performance. Look at Eternal, Thor, DS2 and Ant man. Green screen don't take place of great acting and competent story telling. Wakanda Forever had the biggest production troubles of them all so it's no excuse for the other films. People are sick of this silly little Marvel films with jokes that falls flat. They won't something more serious. Something the can feel. Why do you think the film is also a huge hit on streaming. 

Okay.