Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Venom with -55.5% drop - 35.7m | A Star is Born -34.7% - 28m | First Man disappointing with 16.5m | Goosebumps 2 16.225m | Bad Times for Bad Times At The El Royale with 7.225m

6 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

I'm also, but here's a week-end numbers thread, don't review's thread. And real numbers and facts should be all over the preferences. 

Except literally no one is saying Venom's dropping well.

Yeah, I'd say Venom is doing fine. Hop, skip and a jump from 200m and I don't think you could ask for much more than that, especially considering how (relatively) cheap it was.

Plus it would be criminal to end with a sequel tease like that and do nothing with it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gravestonedt said:

fake numbers for Venom,

surprised no one else has brought it up in this weekend-long thread.

14 minutes ago, gravestonedt said:

predictions are tough because the box office is broken for the rest of 2018, I think. 

Venom's #s are obviously fake and it is hard to account around that.

How is everyone else handling this with their forecasts and BO discussion?

Funny how you're claiming Box Office is broken but only Venom's #s are fake! Stop trolling!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, gravestonedt said:

i'm not trolling.  I'm standing up for the movies and the box office.  sad no one else here is.

Bring some proof that is outside of Venom and is actually proof = links to reliable sources

If you earnestly belief ppl here wouldn't care about fake numbers... then you have not realised why the majority of the users is even here (active and the time to time ppl)

Some here are even work in the business, some, like myself, follow BO since literally decades (depending on whom here, since the '70 to '90 or...)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Sunday AM Early Estimates: Venom‘s solid second weekend of $35.5M (-55%) and Goosebumps 2s $16.2M opening have swung Sony past the $1 billion mark at the domestic box office for the year, making it the fourth major to do so. Disney has been there for a while with $2.75B+, Warner Bros. is north of $1.3B, and Universal at $1.2B+.

$210M+ confirmed?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 3

1 hour ago, AndyK said:

ASIB and FM are counter programming.

They’re the only options for adults really. 

1 hour ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

When you have 70 mln true opening week-end, 33-34 mln is not bad drop. 

Let’s not with “true” opening weekends. No point claiming that when the studio already rolls those thursday numbers into the opening weekend. 

• Like 2

Venom had an inflated OW Sunday, lost premier screens in the 2nd weekend and yet managed arond 55% drop. Impressive for a CBM.

Looking at Deadeline's Sat, Venom needs to follow that up with a 30% Sun drop if it has to get 35.5 2nd weekend. Falling 34% will give it 35.0m.

Either way, it's going after Solo on the Dom charts. Might I add it's RT Aud score (not considered a useful metric) is still a great 89% since OD.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1

El Royale had no reason to fall 10% on Saturday, very poor opening. 

A Star Is Born second weekend drop looking at just -34% :wub: 

First Man was a waste of PLF screens, which should be given to Halloween next week but I don’t think universal plans IMAX for that, in the US anyway. We’re getting Halloween on gigantic screens here in the U.K. 

19 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

A Star Is Born second weekend drop looking at just -34% :wub: 

Especiallly with "Little Monsters" push and with pre-holiday Sunday in OW. If nothing extraordinary happens 170+ is locked.

55 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

$210M+ confirmed?

It depends how strong "Venom" will stand against "Halloween".

Edited by KeepItU25071906

23 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

What is it with Avengers not being able to open a film? 

Most recent films:

Chris Hemsworth: Bad Times

Chris Evans: Gifted

RDJ: The Judge

Scar Jo: Rough Night

The new batch of actors rarely lead films either. 

There are no movie stars anymore but the few that are a leftover from old times (Leo, Denzel, Cruise, The Rock, Jason, Sandra, Meryl, Willy). Franchise/brand is the king now and people's attachment to the franchise character doesn't necessarily extend to an actor/actress outside of the franchise. They have success sometimes if they play a role similar to their big brand role (Lucy) but not always (GitS). In short, they have no drawing power on their own because they aren't groomed for that anymore unlike movie stars of the old where movies were made specially for them. Now there are too many actors and all of them replaceable outside of their designated brand (and even inside of it). 

• Like 3