aabattery

Weekend Thread | Asgard sneaks up on p.24 ~ H2018 28, ASIB 8.1, V 7.9 GB2 4.4,FM 3.7

9 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Something I just realized is that with Halloween beating out I Am Legend's opening, once It 2 rolls around, the top 3 biggest horror openings will all each be a year apart. Insane.

Horror’s been on a roll. And I also think La Llorona, Pet Cemetery, and Annabelle 3 will all do well next year as well, and Quiet Place 2 in 2020. 

43 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Something I just realized is that with Halloween beating out I Am Legend's opening, once It 2 rolls around, the top 3 biggest horror openings will all each be a year apart. Insane.

If only romcoms or comedy in general could have such a rebound.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Well, apart from the fact that the success of one of those movies means the continuation and heavy emphasis from Sony's part on a stupid Spider-Man villains without Spider-Man cinematic universe, newsflash, son: I have no problems with both doing very well either :rofl:  If anything, I'm glad, I love the fact that October's box office has gained Summer-levels of life for the 1st time ever(?). That was a meme, a JOKE. Seems to me like the bitterness comes from your side.

What do we have to be bitter about? We won. If you are not bitter then that’s good, no need for that mini rant about our success you feel me?:Venom:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Did anyone else get the trailer for this Taylor Schilling horror movie called The Prodigy coming out in February before their showing (it isn't online yet)? The reaction to the jump scare at the end from my crowd was priceless. :lol:

I didn’t get it and have been wanting to check the trailer out. Same with Happy Death Day 2 U. Figured they would be online by now. Also the main kid in The Prodigy is Georgie from it so between that and being an OITNB fan I’m curious to check it out.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Did anyone else get the trailer for this Taylor Schilling horror movie called The Prodigy coming out in February before their showing (it isn't online yet)? The reaction to the jump scare at the end from my crowd was priceless. :lol:

Yeah it got the biggest laugh out of all the trailers at my showing 

1 hour ago, VENOM said:

What do we have to be bitter about? We won. If you are not bitter then that’s good, no need for that mini rant about our success you feel me?:Venom:

So cool to finally have you on the boards Avi! Big fan of your work!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

The Halloween films have never been big at the box office internationally so that U.K. opening is excellent. 

The last Halloween film made $6m total internationally, the 07 remake about $20m. 

Maybe because the Halloween holiday basically did not exist outside the US in the '70s, '80s and '90s.