aabattery

Weekend Thread | Asgard sneaks up on p.24 ~ H2018 28, ASIB 8.1, V 7.9 GB2 4.4,FM 3.7

5 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Kinda underwhelmed by the Beautiful Boy PTA

It's doing alright for an addiction drama with somewhat mixed reviews and no awards prospects beyond a possible lone acting nom. It's supposed to be going "wide" November 2 in who knows how many theaters.

8 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

How's that number for Old Man and The Gun?

Decent. Should make about $8-9M, a terrific number for an indie with no real awards buzz to help it these days.

8 hours ago, Mr Terrific said:

Doesn't anyone want to talk some about the lack of Disney numbers?

Are we going to let the dying days of Ant-Man and the Wasp go unexamined?

Just in case you do mean this not as a joke:

If a studio/distributor only has small numbers remaining its not uncommon to not report at once, daily, or...

Weekends can be the same, why let ppl work at a weekend, when there is (nearly) nothing to report (costs...)?

The have had 7 new releases in 2018 (and 4 holdovers early in the year from last year), the last 3 releases for 2018 only wll start at 2 November, then they will probably pick up the regular reports for the remaining titles. If there are still titles remaining then.

If you take a look at the MCU showdown charts at BOM you'll see that it is normal to leave out quite some details late into the release, counting for all of them out of this release frame at least:

Avengers 1 till CA3 (I didn't check the later ones)

Beside, the charts we get to see are not all created by reported numbers, see this hint by BOM, to find under every single day chart

NOTE: If daily grosses stop for a movie, it means that the respective studio is no longer tracking it on a daily basis. The exceptions are New Line, Miramax/Dimension and Sony Pictures Classics. They don't do official daily box office, and estimates are made for their movies based on partial data in order to fill out the top 12. Because of this, movies from these studios are more apt to disappear from the daily chart.

Beside the second time 😉

Incredibles 2 and Christopher Robin were above Ant-Man & Wasp in the latest Thursday's chart, a few seem to be interested of they will let it stay in the report charts till Christopher Robin reaches the $100m mark

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Actuals going up or down for Halloween?

Was just curious about that, if (anyone) had provided some updates. Guess we'll find out tomorrow; Asgard has already blessed us enough this weekend. 

13 hours ago, VENOM said:

What do we have to be bitter about? We won. If you are not bitter then that’s good, no need for that mini rant about our success you feel me?:Venom:

Going all those pages back to quote my meme (which was about the Opening Friday anyway, not the Opening Weekend as a whole) and laugh in my face screams bitter if you ask me, but sure, whatever, mate. :ph34r:

That Mid90s gross is pretty amazing. It’s $40K above the much more hyped Beautiful Boy’s debut in the same number of theaters last weekend. It is also more than twice the gross of Oscar buzzy Can You Ever Forgive Me? which opened in one more theater. 

Sure, it is not nearly as flashy as the massive Halloween opening; but it is still very impressive.

7 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

That Mid90s gross is pretty amazing. It’s $40K above the much more hyped Beautiful Boy’s debut in the same number of theaters last weekend. It is also more than twice the gross of Oscar buzzy Can You Ever Forgive Me? which opened in one more theater. 

Sure, it is not nearly as flashy as the massive Halloween opening; but it is still very impressive.

Mid 90s also had a cast Q&A on two nights at the Arclight.  BB I think had one.  All of those skewed opening numbers though.

7 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Mid 90s also had a cast Q&A on two nights at the Arclight.  BB I think had one.  All of those skewed opening numbers though.

That surely helped the gross, even if most attendees turned out to see Jonah Hill (I presume he was there) given that the cast is largely unknown with one exception. It will be interesting to see where the PTA lands in weekend #2.

4 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

That surely helped the gross, even if most attendees turned out to see Jonah Hill (I presume he was there) given that the cast is largely unknown with one exception. It will be interesting to see where the PTA lands in weekend #2.

He was there for both.

1 hour ago, LonePirate said:

I'm so happy for Jonah! critics praised the movie, PTA is awesome and RT audience score is 96%! :bravo:

• Like 1