Eric Prime

Wednesday Numbers: Poppins 4.8M l Everything's dead. Screw everything.

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Update:

Bumblebee:

5:00: 29/104

5:30 3D: 26/67 

7:30: 27/107

8:00: 27/104

Running Total: 99/382

Second Act:

5:00: 10/107

7:45: 16/77

Running Total: 26/184

Marwen:

5:00: 10/70

8:00: 4/70 (lmao)

Running Total: 14/70

btw, my dad was just asking me about Aquaman after an associate of his raved about it. WOM IS SPREADING FAST

L.E.G.S

• Like 1

Just got back from Bumblebee.

Loved it! Easily my favorite TF movie. It may not have been quite as action-heavy as some past installments, but that's fine. since the charm and the fun totally made the movie what it was.

That opening 4 minute sequence was orgasmic! As much as I enjoyed Bumblebee, I still so wish the entire movie could have been 2 straight hours in that Cybertron battle. Would've cost a billion dollars, but probably would've made a billion in China to make up for it.

The soundtrack in this movie was glorious! Though a few too many of them cut away too quickly.

Easily the most family friendly TF movie ever. Well, now that I think about it, yeah, it was even more family friendly than the 1986 one. That one ruined a lot of our childhoods while we were still children! (Despite the fact that it was a good and even great movie. Killing off so many characters was way over the line.)

Would definitely watch again!

Oh yeah, I totally forgot to mention the theater...

Bumblebee is getting CRUSHED by Aquaman. It's not even going to do 0.5A. (It may not even come close to half of Aquaman. That's how we measure things now, right, as percentages of Aquaman? Am I doing it right jimbo?)

I went to one of the other theaters in town for this one, and for some odd reason they decided to put Bumblebee on the biggest screen, and Aquaman on the second biggest. (Actually, now that I think about it, I guess the DX screen that Aquaman was also on is actually the biggest, but you get my point.)

There were under 50 people in a screen that had over 400 seats. Ouch.

On the plus side, everybody that was there seemed to quite enjoy it. Too bad there weren't more people there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

‘Aquaman’ Surfing To $8M-$10M Tonight, ‘Bumblebee’ Buzzing $2M+: Early Read Thursday Preview B.O.

https://deadline.com/2018/12/aquaman-bumblebee-christmas-thursday-night-previews-weekend-box-office-1202524462/

So, for now, they say that doesn't include the $2.9M last weekend or the Wed sneaks (so probably $3M total)...I'm betting by morning, they will so they can announce a double digit...

PS - Marwen and Second Act under $500K in sneaks (how much under is TBD)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, kitik said:

Oh yeah, I totally forgot to mention the theater...

Bumblebee is getting CRUSHED by Aquaman. It's not even going to do 0.5A. (It may not even come close to half of Aquaman. That's how we measure things now, right, as percentages of Aquaman? Am I doing it right jimbo?)

I went to one of the other theaters in town for this one, and for some odd reason they decided to put Bumblebee on the biggest screen, and Aquaman on the second biggest. (Actually, now that I think about it, I guess the DX screen that Aquaman was also on is actually the biggest, but you get my point.)

There were under 50 people in a screen that had over 400 seats. Ouch.

On the plus side, everybody that was there seemed to quite enjoy it. Too bad there weren't more people there.

holidays still to come, there's room for Bumblebee surprise despite a bad opening

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

My showing of Mary Poppins this evening was around 2/3 full in the biggest non-PLF auditorium. Fully expecting it to stay flat from yesterday.

flat or slightly increase will be a good sign for MPR

i think people are freaking out way to early, it's a christmas movie after all

i don't think $ 400M is a possibility anymore, but it still has a shot in a leggy run and $ 300M dom depending on the next days 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

something doesn't sound right :thinking: the tracking thread suggested they were closer in presales 

Usually family films like MPR don’t see huge presales or internet buzz and tend to thrive in walk ups.On the other hand,films like Aquaman tend to have huge buzz online and huge presales.Thing is presales are not actual BO numbers and there are many more factors going into ow.

Now both of these films are some rare examples.On the one hand you have a family film that presales actually accounted for of its ow (which I realize is not over yet and we may have a very different picture by Sunday or even Tuesday as more families rush to the theaters).

Aquaman seems to be more walk up friendly than the vast majority of its genre and presales did not indicate the break out on the mere fact that usually we don’t expect a superhero film to do that when there is a vocal fandom buying tickets early.Having seen Aquaman I can assure you that it more GA friendly than most of the sh films and can actually be seen by the entire family.It’s actually a weird mix.I also believe that WB was very smart to let the film first roll out overseas first as it kept building buzz for the past 2 weeks and its huge break out in China definitely helped.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2