That One Girl

Dec 21-23 Weekend Thread | Sat#'s (Asgard pg 60) - Aqua 21.8, MPR 8.8, BB 7.2, SMSV 6.9, Mule 3.8 | Discuss Pitbull's musical work here

I think downward trend BOT is seeing relates to the distance from Avatar's release, the same is happening with film quality. Hold in to 2020 and I promise BOT will be a much better place.

Stop the doom and gloom peeps.

I think it's good that a remake like MPR isn't flying so good. More fresh films please Disney less remakes.

• Like 1

9m weekend will give Grinch 254m tally. Moana added 69m more after it's Christmas weekend of 7.7m and Coco added 48m after it's weekend of 5.4m. Different calendar configs make the comparison tough but feel it's safe to say that 300m dom cannot be ruled out for Grinch. It has the best shot at being the biggest Holiday film this year (and biggest since JW2 in June for that matter). Phew!

A 5.5m weekend (nearly same as Coco) will leave WIR2 37m away from 200m.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HalloFromGermany said:

Is 3.8 for Mule a mistake?

How is this drop from friday possible?

Its friday increase was very high compared to the other movies. So a little drop was always in the cards

9m weekend will give Grinch 254m tally. Moana added 69m more after it's Christmas weekend of 7.7m and Coco added 48m after it's weekend of 5.4m. Different calendar configs make the comparison tough but feel it's safe to say that 300m dom cannot be ruled out for Grinch. It has the best shot at being the biggest Holiday film this year (and biggest since JW2 in June for that matter). Phew!

A 5.5m weekend (nearly same as Coco) will leave WIR2 37m away from 200m.

Personally, I don’t see it hitting $300M. It is possible, if not likely, that Grinch will have some large drops after Christmas is done, because it fits squarely in the Christmas genre. I’m not sure how relevant Coco or Moana are as comparisons in this case.

For example, ‘How the Grinch Stole Christmas’ dropped 40% the weekend after Christmas (when all other films across the board increased that weekend), and then it had sizeable drops through most of January.

Therefore, I would caution against expecting it to perform like Moana or Coco.

Peace,
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald $830,000 -78% 682 -1924 $1,217 $154,422,713 6 Warner 

FB1 fell 42.5% this weekend for a 2.9m weekend and 214m total. It added 19.8m or 6.8x the weekend more to it's total.

Dec 23–25 12 $2,917,974 -42.5% 1,966 -1,070 $1,484 $214,223,225 6

FB2 needs to add 5.5x this weekend to hit 160m.

22 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

Personally, I don’t see it hitting $300M. It is possible, if not likely, that Grinch will have some large drops after Christmas is done, because it fits squarely in the Christmas genre. I’m not sure how relevant Coco or Moana are as comparisons in this case.

For example, ‘How the Grinch Stole Christmas’ dropped 40% the weekend after Christmas (when all other films across the board increased that weekend), and then it had sizeable drops through most of January.

Therefore, I would caution against expecting it to perform like Moana or Coco.

Peace,
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is very true. Though unlike Moana and Coco, both of which coincidentally added 8.9-9.0x more this weekend to their respective cumes, Grinch needs to add "just" 5.1x this weekend more to hit 300 (46m more after a 9m weekend). I doubt it falls below 290m anyways and then things can get close to a Christmas fudge.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, a2k said:
4 Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald $830,000 -78% 682 -1924 $1,217 $154,422,713 6 Warner 

FB1 fell 42.5% this weekend for a 2.9m weekend and 214m total. It added 19.8m or 6.8x the weekend more to it's total.

Dec 23–25 12 $2,917,974 -42.5% 1,966 -1,070 $1,484 $214,223,225 6

FB2 needs to add 5.5x this weekend to hit 160m.

It won't. 

$156m. Very disappointing run. I hope they can rebound with the third. 

@filmlover Congratulations on being the most vitriolic towards FB2's run! I've never come across a post where you just couldn't help but put down the film over and over and over again...like, we get it. CoG disappointed. But nobody has consistently been saying the future of the series is doubtful and that it's not going to continue as much as you have. Aren't you tired? 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Jesus Christ, you are all horrible people continuing to go after a talented, humble guy who only delivered the job he was asked to do. Sometimes I wish there was a Hell so you all could burn for eternity. Sadly I don't believe there is. Unfortunately we will all have the same fate, fade into nothing. It's fucking tiring to come to these forums to have some fun and end up reading mean shit from devious people who has no remorse in bringing pain to others. 

I'm done with this forum.

No one is attacking anyone other than you. People here just don't like Snyder's DCEU films and would wish he had never directed any DCEU films because he has done more harm than any good. He destroyed all the goodwill that Nolan brought back to the brand after the brand was completely shat on by Schumacher in 1997. 

I would be happy if you were done with this forum since all you have done is be a Snyder fanboy and attack anyone who thinks Snyder had done huge damage to the brand.

• Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

8 hours ago, MrGamer said:

Damnit, @POTUS

8 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Trump's BOT

Its the left that goes crazy over nothing.  too much free time to complain about things

Us conservatives are busy working hard and enjoy a beer at the end of the day while watching a Clint Eastwood movie and cleaning our guns.

Dirty-Harry-2.jpg

• Astonished 1

18 minutes ago, Noctis said:

It won't. 

$156m. Very disappointing run. I hope they can rebound with the third. 

@filmlover Congratulations on being the most vitriolic towards FB2's run! I've never come across a post where you just couldn't help but put down the film over and over and over again...like, we get it. CoG disappointed. But nobody has consistently been saying the future of the series is doubtful and that it's not going to continue as much as you have. Aren't you tired? 

Like I said, FB2 being more frontloaded and not as crowdpleasing as FBAWTFT was never going to be as successful. It still managed to do well with a lot more competition than FBAWTFT ever faced. I love FBAWTFT, I love TCOG,  COS decreased from PS, TLJ decreased from TFA, FK decreased for JW and so on. 

Anyway, let the haters hate really. I'm sure WB, Heyman, Yates and Rowling have taken notice of the feedback, will adjust some things accordingly marketing wise (because there's nothing wrong with the film itself imo) and everything will go as planned. They're in preproduction on the third, the script is done, Yates said it'd be much lighter and simpler, etc. 

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

I think downward trend BOT is seeing relates to the distance from Avatar's release, the same is happening with film quality. Hold in to 2020 and I promise BOT will be a much better place.

Stop the doom and gloom peeps.

I think it's good that a remake like MPR isn't flying so good. More fresh films please Disney less remakes.

Isn't it a second part, like Avatar 2 is one?

• Haha 1

So with Asgards number.

4.7M

9M

19M

21.8M (+14.7%)

19M (-12.8%)

68.8M / 73.5M

If we take multipliers of other december releases:

TLJ: 193.9M / 207.1M (This obviously won't happen, therefore TLJ had a way to big opening in comparison and really bad legs)

I am Legend: 228.4M / 244M (I think this is a little low, but really likely)

Hobbit 1: 241.4M / 257.9M (I would say this is the likely lower end)

TFA: 259.9M / 277.6M (And this the likely higher end)

Narnia 1: 306.1M / 327.1M (These legs are really good and with that I doubt it.)

• Like 2