Eric Prime

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

I wouldn't say Interstellar was universally loved by audiences. Its reception was more or less mixed when it first came out from what I can remember. But it was validated over time. Maybe the same will happen here.

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Seems like this is a movie that's more focused on spectacle than being a film that tries to be "meaningful", which I'm honestly fine with.

yeah seems like it has a ridiculous plot but strong spectacle. it reminds me of Aquaman which mean i'll probably like it.

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I wouldn't say Interstellar was universally loved by audiences. Its reception was more or less mixed when it first came out from what I can remember. But it was validated over time. Maybe the same will happen here.

It certainly wasn't mixed.

Just now, Firepower said:

It certainly wasn't mixed.

I definitely remember a fair bit of disappointment when it opened. That may have been because expectations were that it was a Second Coming, but my whole point is that it has been much better received in recent years than when it first released.

2 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

UP TO 87% !!!!!!!!!

WB checks arrived lol

jokes aside, it may not be his strongest movie, but damn enjoyable. And that is everything I was hoping for, let him focus on smaller, passion projects later in his career.

3 minutes ago, Firepower said:

I remember a wild ride when Fury started with around 30% on RT and ended up with around 80%. People freak out too early, if anyone actually cares about RT.

Maybe a case of the loud minority rushing to post their stuff first. Silent majority a little slower to post. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, reddevil19 said:

Reviewers don't give a shit if cinemas survive.

Streaming works just as well for them.

I am not sure that is true.

Not just because many are cinemas/festival geeks and fans but for their jobs as well, movie reviewer is more prestigious than tv reviewers, theatrical tend to have more festival/premiere/event fun to attend and not that there was not a debate about how irrelevant they became for theatricals they certainly were for a certain type of movies, but that irrelevance for something success or failure seem to be even more extreme on streaming....

Why take 5 minutes to read a review instead instead of just watching the first 5 minutes of your already paid for content you can watch right there and now instead.

• Like 2