Eric Duncan

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

20 minutes ago, Jamiem said:

Opened 2 hours ago in New Zealand (apart from Auckland 😭

I didn't realise there were screenings here this weekend, but I've just been looking at the Event Cinemas page and couldn't see anything in the non-Auckland theatres, I see they're on at Reading at least. At this point I'm just hoping it's safe enough to get to level 2 otherwise I won't get the chance to see it next Saturday at IMAX.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

"magnum opus" LOL

lmao not sure you know this but I'm not RT or Metacritic. I loved the film and it worked for me on different levels but at the end of the day this may surprise you its all a matter of personal opinion.

Prestige is still Nolan's best film overall. Though I'm very partial to Memento as well. 

• Like 5

This feels like Interstellar 2.0 to me

Good reviews but great responses from the audiences

It looks like a crowdpleaser to me. Yeah maybe it’s too much, complex, megalomaniac etc, but for audiences this isn’t necessarily a problem if it’s really well done. 

36 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I'm confused as to why The Sun's review is listed as rotten when it literally recommends people to watch the movie.

This situation is even more complex than the tenet itself..

We have seen dozen of 3/5 review listed as rotten because of the review essay itself sound bad.   

On the other hand, some review are fresh although they got 2/5 or 2.5/5 review just because of there aren't any harsh criticism in the essay. 

Most audience reactions Ive seen.

-exhilirating action

- Good soundtrack

- awful sound mixing which makes some of the dialogue hard to follow.

- plot hard to follow.

- characters are fine.

Overall  the reactions I'm seeing are sayingit's well made blockbuster but plot is kind of lacking.

Watching it next month so fingers crossed .

2 hours ago, CloneWars said:

God dammit. They aren't showing Tenet in the drive-ins. I ain't driving 5 hours to Vegas just to see it. 

ahhhh :( that seriously sucks. Though they are showing in drive-ins elsewhere in the US it oddly makes sense with CA theaters closed that drive-ins wouldn't get it. AMC and the like wouldn't be happy with drive-ins getting a weeks if not months head start

Absolutely loved it, but I can see how there’s gripes (with exposition dumps galore and the most intricate Nolan plot ever, along with not much character development). The score is incredible from the first moment and the action scenes especially in the 2nd half are jaw dropping. Need 1-2 more viewings to fully understand how everything connects.

Edited by Gcsin20
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1