Eric is Anxious

CAPTAIN MARVEL WEEKEND THREAD l $153M DOM (3rd-biggest March opening), $455M WW (6th biggest WW opening) l Other weekend #s: Dragon 14.7, Madea 12, Lego 3.8, Alita 3.2

Dat range tho :rofl:

But the BO is coming alive again, thank God. Still preparing for worst case scenarios (19M previews, 2.5-2.7x internal multi) just in case they happen and I fall back down to Earth on force, although I hope that's not the case :ph34r:

Edited by MCKillswitch123

54 minutes ago, Silver Surfer said:

Good numbers so far, hope it gets the March record.

I think it will. Beauty and the Beast (2017) still currently holds the March record with $174M OW. 🥳

The March’s top 2 OW holders will be two well-received Disney-distributed blockbusters with female leads. Unbelievable!

4 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

Yeah I don't think I've ever had great reactions in theaters with FULL recliners. It's hard to be reactive when you're practically in bed. 

I saw Last Jedi in a theater full of recliners and my crowd went crazy during all of the movie’s surprises/best moments.  Probably one of the most reactive crowds I’ve been in (second to only Infinity War I think?).  Although yeah in general I tend to have more success with audience reactions in non-recliner theaters than recliner theaters.

Edited by That One Guy

1 minute ago, rishijoesanu said:

My hopes for this movie is that it makes $175M domestic OW and $451M global OW

Does it have any shot at Deathly Hallow's $483 million global opening?

With an 175m OW in us yes it would have

1 The Fate of the Furious $443,150,534 43.9% $1,009,996,733
2 Avengers: Infinity War $382,823,108 28.0% $1,369,544,272
3 Jurassic World $316,697,858 31.1% $1,019,442,583
4 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part Two) $314,000,000 32.7% $960,500,000
5 Star Wars: The Force Awakens $281,000,000 24.8% $1,131,561,399

$300 million OS opening would be 5th highest of all-time. F8 and JW had China included in their openings like Captain Marvel. The other 3 films did not have China included. Even BvS managed a 2.12x multiplier off its OS opening, and that would give Captain Marvel at least $636 million OS total off a $300 million OS opening. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

And the worldwide OW of BP & the first two Avengers-films. Which makes it even more impressive.

Although it has the caveat that it's opening in all of its territories except Japan and Nigeria. Meaning that China's opening is happening as well. Black Panther and the 1st two Avengers did not open everywhere at the same time (BP's China opening was nearly a month after its DOM opening; Avengers 1 and 2 had OS starts a week before US and China). In terms of market-by-market openers, BVS is its best comparable.

2 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

C’mon people let’s hold our expectations in check.  What should you never do?

Never go full @CJohn

People are high fiving each other likes it’s the first MCU movie to open strongly. Once the hardcore MCU fans are done seeing this for the 10th time in two days that's when we see if it really is a hit with GA

• Haha 2
  • Knock It Off 1

So looking at recent preview vs. Friday numbers for MCU, it seems like the floor is around 2.75, where IW ended up, so Captain Marvel is looking at no less than $55 million for Friday

even with the same Fri-Sat drop as IW, that would be a 42.3 Saturday, then give it the Doctor Strange Sat-Sun drop, the worst one I can find from the last few years, that gives a 28.2 Sunday.

So, assuming the worst comps and the low end of the early estimate, the absolute floor for Captain Marvel right now is $125.5m for the weekend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wait, what? This film will be succesfull? But ... but ive watched so many absolutely reliable and humongously intelligent YouTube videos that said that this film will flop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler

Yes, this is sarcasm if you didnt notice :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4