sfran43

Weekend Thread: weekend #s (Actuals) Dumbo $45.99M, Us $33.23M, CM $20.66M

i cannot understand why is the budget so high the seem to be done a very good job in terms of budget for marvel,pixar,lucasfilm(sans solo still that had problems) and walt disney animations and but for some reason they just dont have it with their own movies even though many time they are on point beauty and the beast,junglebook etc and also i believe tha they need to step up with their marketing too

Say whatever you want.. 

But I am not happy that Pureflix movies find such Audience without any proper marketing. 

Unplanned is going to open 6M+ and would make a lot of profit for the studio. It is Infuriating. 

Anti-Abortion movie shouldn't be supported. 🤮🤮🤮🤮😠😠😠

• Like 2

I'm wrong a lot but I have always felt that Dumbo was being over predicted. I just didn't want to say anything. It never looked like a break out. It's lucky to open over 40mil honestly as it never looked great and was based on older less popular material.

Big comic book movies almost always take precedence over other types of blockbusters. Shazam is a well received DC comic book movie, my money was always on it for the bigger opening weekend. 

14 minutes ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

Ugh at Wondy losing her domestic crown...

No Wondy is not losing. Just like all male Superheroes coexist. Wondy and Marvel and Harley and Black Widow and.. Others can coexist

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

I think both Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman are very important films for the superhero genre but for different reasons. I love both films, but something a friend told me made me understand a bit more why Carol has been as much embraced as Diana: she said that while she loves Wonder Woman, she's a goddess, someone you look up to instead of someone you see yourself within the film. 

As for me, I'm just happy that the new generation have these two excellent superheroine films to look up to and cheer for.

Totally agree. WW is super to have as a movie, but for entirely other reasons.

CM is in a way a mix of CA and Hawkeye to me.

CA had the heart and mindset to be a SH, but needed the body to be accepted more (and even then it took time and initiative) and Hawkeye is it for endurance, and over average skills in not only arrow shooting (his other strength were only hinted at in Avengers 1)

Or Falcon, has the heart too, got mechanical support

CM has the endurance, the heart, inner strength to reach her air-force pilot goal to the degree of being an extraordinary test pilot beside lots of obstacles. She is always true to herself, to a degree even during the special 6y.

The additional power enhance 'her' only, nothing more.

She does not need the inheritance, the destined to be,... nothing additional being given to be able, to get to where she is as a being.

Difference to CA is, as not being army but air-force, she is not the posture standing, leading personality radiating army sergeant, officer,... or whatever we see so often in movies, the person who gets followed, she is way less 'follow me' radiating, an other type of ~ posture air-force Captain.

That and some other reasons, seem some to understand as too 'wooden' (I see no wooden at all)

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

An anti-abortion movie? 

What a fun time at the cinema! 

Americans are weird. 

I do not understand those kind of films it makes me sad they do them in that way

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I wouldn’t have been surprised with a 60% drop for Us considering it’s very strange and opened so big. Happy with these numbers. 

I hope Captain Marvel slows down, I don’t want it to pass WW domestically just because lol. But if it’s at 350m by Sunday off a $20m weekend it most likely will do $420+ 

CM has always been poised to pass WW, not just due to bigger opening but also we knew that synergy with EG would kick in at the right time to extend its legs. Marvel's planning is simply astonishing. :bravo:

13 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

CM has always been poised to pass WW, not just due to bigger opening but also we knew that synergy with EG would kick in at the right time to extend its legs. Marvel's planning is simply astonishing. :bravo:

It certainly isn't poised to pass Wonder Woman. There is like a 50/50 chance. Why are you praising them when the movie is still around 80 mil away from beating Wonder Woman?

Now I honestly don't care who makes more than who but let's stop acting like we have time traveling powers.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

It certainly isn't poised to pass Wonder Woman. There is like a 50/50 chance. Why are you praising them when the movie is still around 80 mil away from beating Wonder Woman?

Now I honestly don't care who makes more than who but let's stop acting like we have time traveling powers.

You are very obnoxious lmao. Buzzkiller. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matthew said:

You are very obnoxious lmao. Buzzkiller. 

If being realistic is the same as being obnoxious, I don't really care. It's not like I said I want Captain Marvel to make less than Wonder Woman. The fact is CM is still 80 mil away from reaching that point. That's a huge gap and anything can happen.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

If being realistic is the same as being obnoxious, I don't really care. It's not like I said I want Captain Marvel to make less than Wonder Woman. The fact is CM is still 80 mil away from reaching that point.

I am happy either way. Both movies are good for me. But the way you shut people is not good at all. 

• Like 1

why the hell is Dumbo's budget 170M!?!?  I know the VFX work on Dumbo himself is superb but the rest movie doesn't seem to be action packed/or needing of expensive special effects. even BatB 2017 and MPR's budgets were less..

this is Alita all over again. 44M OW for a 170M movie is meh :gold:

is Dumbo doing better overseas?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

why the hell is Dumbo's budget 170M!?!?  I know the VFX work on Dumbo himself is superb but the rest movie doesn't seem to be action packed/or needing of expensive special effects. even BatB 2017 and MPR's budgets were less..

disney doesnt do a good job with their budgets which is curious since the do a great job with their other studios  and even with their movie many times like beatty and the beast,jungle book etc

Edited by john2000

2 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

Yeah, Disney is not good with their budgets lmao. 

JURRASIC WORLD WAS CHEAPER THAN DUMBO. 

I think Universal are best at budget control and sometimes they also miss the mark. 

Mortal Engines 😂😂😂😂