CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

7 hours ago, fryinginapan said:

Why is no one dooming and glooming Star Wars as much? Solo grossed 300M WW. A number of the solo Marvel franchises had 600 million grossers, a couple with lukewarm WOM. This franchise is already an Oscar and a BAFTA winner. FB2 was the 10th highest grossing film WW. I’m puzzled as to why people are ignoring this to satisfy their determined negativity here. 

Solo was a movie no-one asked for, that's why it bombed. I don't care for JJ's films, but even I know Star Wars 9 (?) is gonna make a lot of money

6 hours ago, TMP said:

Solo was a movie no-one asked for, that's why it bombed. I don't care for JJ's films, but even I know Star Wars 9 (?) is gonna make a lot of money

Other thing is Solo was a one off;a film separate from the current main storyline. It's weaknesses had no impact on the main plot of the last trilogy.

But Crimes Of Grimenwald created huge problems for the franchise going forward;Solo did not.

This reminds me of all the people saying "everything is great, stop with the negativity" after Batman Vs Superman opened.

More rumors about a film of the play "Harry Potter And The Cursed CHild" with the original cast.

Thing is, even if this was a huge hit, it would not be a long term solution for the franchise.It would almost certainly be a one off: It would be like Sean Connory returning as 007 in "Diamonds Are Forever" yeah, it provided a big hit after a Bond film that did not perfrom to expectations ...On Her Majesty's Secret Service"...but was not a solution for the franchises problems since it was clear that Connory was only going to be back for one film. They still needed to come up with a new Bond people would accept. Luckily for the franchise, they did with Roger Moore.

On 9/11/2019 at 9:32 AM, TMP said:

And yet I still enjoyed it, while being able to acknowledge some flaws. 

I'd like to see the "sequel" to it: LANDO

3,4,5 should be shot back to back and release on Netflix. Sure they will get a good deal. Netflix shelled a ton on Bright and probably are making Bright2. An FB Netflix trilogy would be much watched by loyal fans even if they are not ready to pay for a theatrical experience.

Edited by a2k

14 hours ago, Lucas said:

Redmayne confirmed the script is still being worked on. Worst case scenario it's over-correction at this point lol.

I honestly prefer them going through the script with a fine toothed comb and making sure everything flows alright. Been plenty of movies in the past that could've used a delay to tweak things a bit and it would've been all for the better. 

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:45 AM, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

It would be wise if WB produced a Founders of Hogwarts and The Marauders tv shows for HBO Max.Someone get on it...

WB is lauchning it's own streaming service, and pretty sure they would want to keep and Wizarding World TV series for that.....

On 9/11/2019 at 5:38 PM, dudalb said:

More rumors about a film of the play "Harry Potter And The Cursed CHild" with the original cast.

Thing is, even if this was a huge hit, it would not be a long term solution for the franchise.It would almost certainly be a one off: It would be like Sean Connory returning as 007 in "Diamonds Are Forever" yeah, it provided a big hit after a Bond film that did not perfrom to expectations ...On Her Majesty's Secret Service"...but was not a solution for the franchises problems since it was clear that Connory was only going to be back for one film. They still needed to come up with a new Bond people would accept. Luckily for the franchise, they did with Roger Moore.

Rumor with this also says the possibility of 2 films, though.  But yeah...with Fantastic Beasts already faltering, this "rumor" becomes more and more of a likelihood.  The cast always seemed open to it, too.  So it won't be anywhere close to the problem of trying to get Connery back. 😉  And if it happens, the deal will probably be essentially done before we even hear about it officially.  

Edited by Macleod

22 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

seems like JK has been hinting at a cursed child movie too right? wouldn't be surprised if she's come to understand that this beasts series is a bit of a dud so she's changed course to wrapping it up with this third one so they can focus on cursed child

Problem is streaching Cursed Child into two movies is spreading the butter pretty damn thin.

I can see getting one good movie but 2? Not nearly as much plot as a Potter novel.

Edited by dudalb

21 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

After finishing FB and doing CC as a one-off, just reboot the main 8 as animation. But maybe this time drag it out into more like 12 entries with some more liberal application of the book splitting trick.

I could see giving a couple of the novels a revisit, since the film versions suffered a lot from the deep cuts that had to be made from the later novels.

"Goblet of Fire" in particular had the guts torn out of it...one reason why I think that is the weakest of the Potter films.

22 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

seems like JK has been hinting at a cursed child movie too right? wouldn't be surprised if she's come to understand that this beasts series is a bit of a dud so she's changed course to wrapping it up with this third one so they can focus on cursed child

Probably 2 movies filmed back to back. Either way, i don't see 5 Fantastic Beasts movies happening anymore.

6 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I could see giving a couple of the novels a revisit, since the film versions suffered a lot from the deep cuts that had to be made from the later novels.

"Goblet of Fire" in particular had the guts torn out of it...one reason why I think that is the weakest of the Potter films.

But the last movie was so much better than the book, excluding getting rid of the Elder Wand, I hated that, lol. The final act of the seventh book was really a cringe-fest of convenient plot developments.

And if they even consider making The Cursed Child into a movie, I'll never watch anything related to HP, lol. CC was the worst fan-fiction piece of shit there ever was, I was hoping J.K. would quietly exclude it from the canon, but I guess she seems to have lost the compass regarding this franchise.

Edited by Titan Man

14 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Problem is streaching Cursed Child into two movies is spreading the butter pretty damn thin.

I can see getting one good movie but 2? Not nearly as much plot as a Potter novel.

isn't it already two plays? i'd be surprised if it wasn't two movies.