TMP

Weekend Thread | Actuals - The Other Captain Marvel 53.5 | The Secret Death of Pets 24.5 | Pachyderm Joker 18.2 | The Just-Us League 13.8 | Formerly Known as Ms. Marvel 12.4

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

.................wait, Thrylos was a girl?????

The only thing I think I can remember she (he?) is Greek, other letters, and for certain terms other interpretations per translation, especially how strong the meaning of a term can be understood.

Or was that one of the other Greeks here, I think there might be an overlap?

Watched Jumanji 2 with some friends last night, first time I'd seen it since theatres, but most of them hadn't actually seen it (3 out of 10 of us had seen it before). Almost everyone loved it, and actually voiced how excited they are now for the next one. I think it bodes well for it at the box office, I don't think it'll quite match the first one, but 350 domestic, 800WW is definitely doable.

My roommate was the only one who didn't really like it. He doesn't like a whole lot of movies though, "I wasn't allowed to watch movies until I was well into high school" so he needed a lot of explaining lol. "There were too many conveniences in the plot of why certain things were happening... like why did they have all these abilities?"

"They're in a video game... it's poking fun at video games."

"Oh, see I've never played a video game before, unless you count Pong on my computer in between classes" 

But he did admit it was funny.

52 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

BP2: Opens to 200M   

BOT: WWW?

Considering the reactions here to Age of Ultron, that's to be expected.

38 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

They'll do both. I think Black Adam has huge potential because he's an interesting character in his own right and I think by building up to the showdown between Shazam and Black Adam, they're saving the best until last.

As I said on one of Gitesh tweets (sorry for embed, couldn't copy)

@Thrylos 7 is like that girlfriend or boyfriend you break up with and have to repeatedly tell them you’re broken up with before they get the picture and stop being obsessed and stalking you everywhere you go. 

The difference is Thyrlos has a weird obsession with DC meanwhile DC remains unbothered and successful. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Nova said:

@Thrylos 7 is like that girlfriend or boyfriend you break up with and have to repeatedly tell them you’re broken up with before they get the picture and stop being obsessed and stalking you everywhere you go. 

The difference is Thyrlos has a weird obsession with DC meanwhile DC remains unbothered and successful. 

I wish they'd be reaction banned so every post isn't spammed with the stupid laugh reaction. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, boyamama said:

u know FORBES is magazine who used to count people money/rich right...lol......can't u be more obvious trolling...:sparta:

Forbes can be a reliable source of information. But there is a difference between their staffed journalists and "Forbes Contributors" like Mark who don't have much oversight at all. He clearly doesn't have an editor, which is why it often takes him 3000 words to write up a 300 word story.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

I think this time I might be happy to not understand al the WTF remarks reactions and so on.

A few of the ex do seem to give a lot of reactions. Is that it? Do I want to know?

2 hours ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Is 400 some magical number? Why does it need to hit that with a 80-100 mil budget? I don’t remember anyone saying that Paramount/Marvel should have pushed Thor over 450M. And that movie had a 150 mil budget. In fact, it was viewed such a success that it got two sequels. 

Ant-Man too with a bigger production budget and marketing too likely. It Made 519 million taking out its China gross it comes down to 413 million.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Why do people think that I am banned ? I will continue to react to whatever I find hilarious, that’s what reactions are for.

Not sure of you know, at least one new Greek member arrived, who seems to be very active. Kalinikta!

1 hour ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Why do people think that I am banned ? I will continue to react to whatever I find hilarious, that’s what reactions are for.

Wow, what a twist 😲

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Matthew said:

Can't be true. Shazam spots palyed during the last football matches. They don't cause as much as during Super Bowl but still. 

40M Marketing is not right at all. Forbes should really check what they are saying. 

OTOH Shazam did good at box office. You like it or not. 

I'll apologize in advance but let me get this off my chest, Hughes is a DC fanboy. He is full of crap. There is no way in hell the marketing budget was 40 million. According to him the production cost was 80 million and the marketing cost was 40 million. So 120 in total. The film has to make 240 to break even per Hughes. This is a lie. The budget was anywhere from 80 to 100 million as per multiple sources. The film had reshoots. And the marketing could not have been less than 50 million. They had to promote the film worldwide. So really we're looking at 275 to 300 million just to break even. See the tv commercial budget below. 21 million just for tv. They still had to cut trailers, print posters, billboards, etc. Shazam will make a profit but it won't be a runaway success and that fills my heart with joy. 

https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/shazam-tops-studios-tv-ad-spending-1203178303/

YShazam’s debut is actually quite good considering this is a hero that’s not in the vein of the other front liners like Batman or The Avengers. It should do Ant-Man 1 numbers in the long run.

Pet Sematary debuted strong for a horror remake and a remake of a Stephen King adapatation. Which his last remake(discluding IT) Carrie only made $16 million back in 2013 and died off within a month with a bloodless $35 million which was fine for a low budget in the end.

But overall Pet Sematary’s debut is the 2nd best debut for a Stephen King film.  With its modest budget Pet Sematary’s debut is a success for Paramount after their return after their dry spell back in 2017. However with mixed word of mouth and competition coming in the way... Pet Sematary may be smacked in fire and should make above $55 million domestic.

Speaking of smacked in fire, Dumbo’s 2nd weekend drop was harsh. If it continues this harsh then anything from $100-$110 million seems the barrier at this point. While it will be Tim Burton’s first film to make $100 million in nine years since Alice In Wonderland... it still needs overseas to reedeem itself for the studio.

While Us got smashed by the debut of Pet Sematary... it is still pulling off one of the best totals for an R-rated horror film this year!  Its word of mouth, crazy marketing, and branding now of Jordan Peele has helped it turn into a massive blockbuster. So definitely still be on the lookout Get Out as Us will be knocking your total out.

Captain Marvel still pulling strong as it she’s whipped in $1 billion worldwide and domestically should outgross Wonder Woman hopefully. 

The Best Of Enemies pulling in the most boring of the numbers. The trailer looked very unappealing as it exposed too much. this Is actress Taraji P Henson’s lowest grossing debut since Something New back in 2006. It also Sam Rockwell’s lowest in 20 years since A Midsummer’s Night Dream. The film may come close to its $10 million budget but that’s about it. 

Five Feet Apart still holding up alright $50 million could be a easy target. 

Unplanned moderately alive for some reason. $15 million domestic total should be easy. Wonder Park not so wonderful drop and should do close to $50 million.How To Train Your Dragon 3 getting smashed but should do $165 or so domestic. Hotel Mumbai and Madea doing alright. Hotel Mumbai I didn’t know existed so ignore. Madea should come close to the 1st Halloween from 2016, which is good considering her last movie was the lowest grossing ever! 

Next weekend’s releases don’t look much appealing. Shazam! Should still lead the top spot as Little will probably do mid to high teens. Then Hellboy might be hyped up fanboy film, a debut around Kick Ass wouldn’t be surprising but it will more likely do $13-$15 million opening weekend. Then for After and Missing Link both will do under $10 million. 

For overall box office of 2019, the box office is still overall massively behind from last year at this point. The next box office pulse should hopefully Avengers: Endgame as it’s expected to break its predecessor’s record once again! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom Swelling said:

I'll apologize in advance but let me get this off my chest, Hughes is a DC fanboy. He is full of crap. There is no way in hell the marketing budget was 40 million. According to him the production cost was 80 million and the marketing cost was 40 million. So 120 in total. The film has to make 240 to break even per Hughes. This is a lie. The budget was anywhere from 80 to 100 million as per multiple sources. The film had reshoots. And the marketing could not have been less than 50 million. They had to promote the film worldwide. So really we're looking at 275 to 300 million just to break even. See the tv commercial budget below. 21 million just for tv. They still had to cut trailers, print posters, billboards, etc. Shazam will make a profit but it won't be a runaway success and that fills my heart with joy. 

https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/shazam-tops-studios-tv-ad-spending-1203178303/

Why does it fill your heart with joy?

• Like 1