TMP

Weekend Thread | Actuals - The Other Captain Marvel 53.5 | The Secret Death of Pets 24.5 | Pachyderm Joker 18.2 | The Just-Us League 13.8 | Formerly Known as Ms. Marvel 12.4

33 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Hopefully but End Game is going hurt the legs bad in a couple weeks, and Pikachu as well. We'll see. I still think 180m DOM is likely. 3.1 is a very high multiplier given the competition.

Pikachu will help rather than hurt due to double features.

Ahem... relevant to contextualize the discussion of Shazam’s success from WB standpoint. Posted in this thread.

“Jeff Goldstein, distribution chief at Warner Bros., said the studio originally forecast a $40 million opening. “That was the right number for us,” Goldstein said. “That’s what we needed to make money on it.”

Source: AP News

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Some of us (myself included) have become so spoiled by CBM dominating the box office that now we see a CBM make $55M on OW and start thinking about what went wrong. When 10 years ago the thought of a Shazam! movie making that much on OW would have been laughed at. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Shazam only opened to about 1 million less then Ant-Man in total when you add in everything and Ant-Man had the MCU connection. Shazam did pretty damn good and will most likely have some insane legs judging by this weekend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

Some of us (myself included) have become so spoiled by CBM dominating the box office that now we see a CBM make $55M on OW and start thinking about what went wrong. When 10 years ago the thought of a Shazam! movie making that much on OW would have been laughed at. 

BP2: Opens to 200M   

BOT: WWW?

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Astonished 1

20 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

The Rock just posted an Instagram video saying he’s happy with the Shazam opening, critics and audience reactions. He says he can get wait to play Black Adam and starts shooting that in a year. 

A Black Adam movie is a bad idea. Just do a sequel to Shazam instead. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

black adam movie can be a good introduction for shazam sequel...balck adam @ february/march and shazam @summer or holiday november/december...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CJohn said:

They'll do both. I think Black Adam has huge potential because he's an interesting character in his own right and I think by building up to the showdown between Shazam and Black Adam, they're saving the best until last.

@MovieMan89

I do think HTTYD3 suffered not only because of the long gap between the other movies and a certain frontloadness, but also because it didnt do anything really ... special. I personally loved it and i think the majority would agree that its a very good movie and fitting end for the trilogy, but everything that happens in the film is kind of safe, predictable and a case of "have seen that before".

25 minutes ago, Nova said:

Touche. This is true.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LordNox said:

According to Mark Hughes from forbes from an article today, Shazam only had a marketing budget of 40M:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2019/04/07/shazam-opens-to-thunderous-159-million-with-open-road-ahead/

How reliable are forbes when it comes to such figures?

Very good figure for the film's bottom line

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LordNox said:

According to Mark Hughes from forbes from an article today, Shazam only had a marketing budget of 40M:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2019/04/07/shazam-opens-to-thunderous-159-million-with-open-road-ahead/

That would explain a lot lmao.

11 minutes ago, LordNox said:

Can't be true. Shazam spots palyed during the last football matches. They don't cause as much as during Super Bowl but still. 

40M Marketing is not right at all. Forbes should really check what they are saying. 

OTOH Shazam did good at box office. You like it or not. 

• Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

11 minutes ago, Matthew said:

Can't be true. Shazam spots palyed during the last football matches. They don't cause as much as during Super Bowl but still. 

40M Marketing is not right at all. Forbes should really check what they are saying. 

OTOH Shazam did good at box office. You like it or not. 

u know FORBES is magazine who used to count people money/rich right...lol......can't u be more obvious trolling...:sparta:

Edited by boyamama
  • Like 1