Eric S'ennui

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

2 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I will stick to lower end as my high end. Trajectory is similar to that of TFA, so far 

What’s your low end atm?

1 minute ago, tawasal said:

CM is in line with BP's post-easter increase percentage wise, but this has Endgame's OW to contend with. 

It's not contending with - it's getting some double features.  CM is drafting off AEG's momentum and has been for a couple of weeks

I hope we don't get a movie of this scale in the box office again for a while, I want more runs like The Greatest Show, Jumanji 2, Frozen, Bohemian Rhapsody foreign, Hangover, The Blind Side, Taken and many others like them.   

• Like 3

Just now, tawasal said:

I hope we don't get a movie of this scale in the box office again for a while, I want more runs like The Greatest Show, Jumanji 2, Frozen, Bohemian Rhapsody foreign, Hangover, The Blind Side, Taken and many others like them.   

Fuck that, we are getting a movie pulling 100m a day. This is a box office's nerd orgy.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, druv10 said:

Second time will be better, it was for me. For one, you know what's going to happen which will help with how much was packed in the 3 hrs and second you do pick up on the nods and winks.

Absolutely. In turn, it's better for her too.

• Haha 7

9 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Other than A:EG

CM 2.25

CoLL 2

Breakthrough 1.7

Pretty muted increase for CM, but understandable. 

But that number looks to be enough for 8M+ weekend I would think. 

How about Shazam? 

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It's not contending with - it's getting some double features.  CM is drafting off AEG's momentum and has been for a couple of weeks

Of course it's been helped like BP too, I am not doubting that.

1 minute ago, Sam said:

How about Shazam? 

I'm surprised La Llorona isn't that far behind CM. 

2 minutes ago, Sam said:

How about Shazam? 

It's been crashed so bad, that Charlie can't seem to locate it anywhere. 

I want to be that guy who shows up to the theatre tomorrow and has to interrupt the cashier from automatically printing me off an Endgame ticket because I'd like a ticket to Breakthrough.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

So we're at the point where even if it *only* matches Infinity War's Saturday and Sunday, its still getting over 300M.  Wow.

A 155M Friday number would put the previews:Friday ratio at 1.58x.  That's less than IW's 1.73x, but better than TFA, DH2, TLJ, RO, and TDKR.

I decided to graph the ratio to the overall weekend multiplier for movies with OW higher than 150M, and got a very strong correlation (Rof 0.9045). (I left out Spider-man 3, not because it didn't fit the correlation, it fit well enough, but because it was so far out of scale with everything else)  That one outlier is BvS, due to Easter I'd assume.

m7BM8tC.png

Anyway, if that 155M number holds, this correlation would suggest an opening weekend of 357M.

Hey, at least it'd fit the trend of Avengers movies breaking records 7M over the milestone.

Edited by IceFire9yt
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5

34 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Can the weekend overall get to 400m and represent a nearly 100m increase over the previous record holder? 

$400m is impossible...but it "only" needs $357m to accomplish what you're saying.

Edit:  I incorrectly thought you meant just Endgame lol

Edited by FTF
  • Astonished 1