Eric S'ennui

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

2 hours ago, reddevil19 said:

I personally prefer IW as well. I just think it's a better overall movie. But EG has the better character and emotional beats and it's a perfect end to the current series. I do think there are plenty of people who agree with that, even if it is the minority. All the people I have spoken to in person have felt the same way, so I don't think it's THAT insanely rare...

To me how a film ends matters. Nonstop pacing for me was awful and way too hard to absorb and understand everything on the first viewing in Infinity War and of course the ending. I loathed the ending up but understood and accepted the need for it. To me it's a lesser movie to set up End Game. Curious to see how I feel watching the two together. This is all just based on feelings and opinions. Im just surprised how much more I disliked Infinity War after End Game haha.

If people dislike slower inconsistent pace I can see how they would appreciate Infinity War even more. Different strokes for different folks 

Edited by cdsacken

5 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Looks like someone’s just here to troll against EG  🙄 

Why because Im pointing out GoT is bigger (it IS), or Avatar is impressive (it IS)? Ive seen it 3 times already, so what do you think?

For reference I think Avatar 2 is going to crash and burn, and likely wont go over $1.5B WW.

Edited by GirafficPark
  • Haha 1

Just now, Charlie Jatinder said:

ehfw1nxfq0211.gif

I didn't like this season so far but that's far too much.

As usual, discussions revolve around absolutes, it's just one or the other, all or nothing, never a middle option. 

To say people don't care about GOT is ridiculous, given its viewing figures. But the point is that with GOT there are a lot of options to push the viewing back a few hours. And, of course, domestic-only, the figures for GoT live viewing pale in comparison to what EG is putting up, so I definitely think that if there is a conflict of interest, people will put GoT off for a few hours. 

More likely though, the conflict doesn't exist. GoT is not a 4 hour live event, with a 3 hour pre-show or something. The impact from one on the other will be minimal, I think.

Just now, American Pie is better said:

@Charlie Jatinder

So let's assume we get a 125mn grossing Sat.

Will a 100mn Sunday be in play? For a grand total of 382mn

If 125 then definitely but I am not even 1% sure if 125 will happen. I was pretty confident about 80 yesterday. I started being cautious with 90 and it blew the roof.

You can just imagine what I must be feeling for 125.

• Like 4
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, GirafficPark said:

No, thats why it gets nearly a billion viewers from all sources, legal or not. More people are watching GoT this Sunday through Tuesday than Endgame Friday to Sunday, that's really not debatable.

That billion people claim had no real source and is frankly unbelievable.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, reddevil19 said:

As usual, discussions revolve around absolutes, it's just one or the other, all or nothing, never a middle option. 

To say people don't care about GOT is ridiculous, given its viewing figures. But the point is that with GOT there are a lot of options to push the viewing back a few hours. And, of course, domestic-only, the figures for GoT live viewing pale in comparison to what EG is putting up, so I definitely think that if there is a conflict of interest, people will put GoT off for a few hours. 

More likely though, the conflict doesn't exist. GoT is not a 4 hour live event, with a 3 hour pre-show or something. The impact from one on the other will be minimal, I think.

You underestimate GoT. I spend more money on GoT than Endgame so far.

Besides, Endgame can be watched on Monday as well. Catching the episode when it airs is something else.

Just now, Charlie Jatinder said:

You underestimate GoT. I spend more money on GoT than Endgame so far.

Besides, Endgame can be watched on Monday as well. Catching the episode when it airs is something else.

But you can watch it 2 hours later as well. In fact, with HBO, a VERY large chunk of it's viewing doesn't come from the live, first airing, so clearly people already do it. So if they can get seats for an 8PM EG showing, they could very well consider watching GoT once they get home if they're fans. The point is they CAN coexist, imo.

• Like 1

4 hours til Endgame lol I’m excited after all the hype! 96%, A+ score. Pressure is on to deliver! 

Someone said “people don’t like Game of Thrones”. Season 1 (in America only) averaged 9m viewers. The most recent episode got 37m (again, America only). 

I’ve never seen it, but people certainly care. 

5 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

lol at Cochofles

I wish the mods would bring her back for just one day to mock her over this...the biggest franchise in film history. 

Edited by eddyxx

Okay, but does it even matter what GoT is going to do to Endgame now?  Like, if it knocks 5, 10 million off the gross, at this point its literally just a drop in the bucket, especially since those people are just going to see at at some other point anyway.  Like if this grosses 340M instead of 350M.... what's the big deal?

Edited by IceFire9yt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Sam said:

Gonna come down to the wire whether it’s over/under Captain Marvel. 

Uh oh YouTube vids coming:  Why I was right Captain Marvel is a box office failure.