Eric Quinn

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

15 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Except the general audience will like End game way more than Infinity War.  that said the burnout ratio might trim the legs no matter what. I'll be fine with 937

I was literally championing Force Awakens a few days ago literally saying that once Endgame passes 935.million I’ll concede and say MCU > Star Wars in the US hinting that I didn’t think it would happen. it just opened to  360 frigging million dollars. It has an a+ score. Marvel fans and general audiences seem to love it. Hell, I was disappointed in the first 2 hours, and still gave the movie a 8/10 due to that last hour and would still see it again. 

Force Awakens has basically been snapped out of existence. It’s a question of whether this can approach 1 billion. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nero said:

The problem is that he is straight up saying 1B domestic is impossible.... And that 360M was gonna happen but it didn't happen before... I mean what logic

Maybe grow some eyes / brain cells and re-read my comments.

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, Chaz said:

I can’t imagine that this movie will explode past every other Marvel movie in total, especially to the point of a 1 billion domestic total. I think we’ll see that a lot of people just had to run out and see it immediately. 

it will hit 800+ dom so ... yeah

23 minutes ago, Nero said:

The problem is that he is straight up saying 1B domestic is impossible.... And that 360M was gonna happen but it didn't happen before... I mean what logic

I'm not defending anyone's prediction. That dude can defend himself. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6

11 minutes ago, Avatree said:

you dont think audience liked infinity war? People loved both movies.

so? Opening to 360M was never impossible just never done before.

I'm just saying I think it is exceptionally difficult and unlikely for Endgame to sustain enough interest from people who didn't want to see it on opening weekend, to reach 1 billion.

If it had reached 400M then it would be marginally possiblie. with a grand finale film having a 360M opening its impossible to have 2.8x legs. Sorry it just cant happen. If this was an original film, sure. it's not just a sequel, but the ENDING.

I think to even suggest 300 million opening for Pikachu when tracking is 50 and the most generous prediction has been updated to 81/82 if I remember correctly.

Of course people liked Infinity War but GA will like End Game waaaaaay more. It's like comparing DH1 VS DH2

3 minutes ago, jaybox said:

I was literally championing Force Awakens a few days ago literally saying that once Endgame passes 935.million I’ll concede and say MCU > Star Wars in the US hinting that I didn’t think it would happen. it just opened to  360 frigging million dollars. It has an a+ score. Marvel fans and general audiences seem to love it. Hell, I was disappointed in the first 2 hours, and still gave the movie a 8/10 due to that last hour and would still see it again. 

Force Awakens has basically been snapped out of existence. It’s a question of whether this can approach 1 billion. 

I love this response. God bless you.

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Maybe grow some eyes / brain cells and re-read my comments.

If I didn't have eyes and brain would I have been able to type and reply to you... As I was saying you are in denial mode. Keep calm just breathe... Think rationally

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

Nobody knows what Endgame will be able to do. This film just shattered every norm we thought we knew about box office ceilings.

Just enjoy the ride.

This. The numbers it is pulling so far are entirely unprecedented. We're in completely new territory here and have to watch it unfold.

2 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I think to even suggest 300 million opening for Pikachu when tracking is 50 and the most generous prediction has been updated to 81/82 if I remember correctly.

Of course people liked Infinity War but GA will like End Game waaaaaay more. It's like comparing DH1 VS DH2

This place is gonna be unbearable in two weeks.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Chaz said:

I can’t imagine that this movie will explode past every other Marvel movie in total, especially to the point of a 1 billion domestic total. I think we’ll see that a lot of people just had to run out and see it immediately. 

Everyone would have said the same about TFA as well. 

6 minutes ago, Chaz said:

But IW already got $600m more than the others. No reason this couldn’t do the same. It’s the last Avengers movie for atleast 4 years, so repeat viewings for this end of the phase is likely. And I imagine the Captain Marvel movie added some new young girls to the list of MCU fans.

31 minutes ago, Avatree said:

good for you. I definitely drink too much, i generally try to avoid eating before drinking though, so don't have to drink as much.

Intermittent fasting

Less booze

Little sweets

Very little gym 230 to 160. Last time I weighed 160 I was 14 haha.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

6 minutes ago, Avatree said:

sure but TFA not a great comparison as not a direct sequel the same as endgame more a reboot. meh whatever.

You might be right. 

But I think it’s the best comparison as it’s the only movie in recent memory that was as anticipated. 

The question we all have is whether it’ll be frontloaded. What better film to compare it to than the movie that was as anticipated upfront and also murdered the OW record? 

I can’t see it getting TFA multiplier, sure. But at $360 OW it doesn’t need to! Lol. 

Wait if Force Awakens has been “snapped out of existence” and is still currently #1 domestically, what the hell does that mean for every other film below it, including every other Avengers film underneath it 

😂

lets not get silly. Just enjoy this new weekend record 

• Like 1