Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

38 minutes ago, Avatree said:

I'm pretty sure the release patterns the same in most places for IW & EG, so if there was a 5-day opening for endgame then they also had 5 day opening for IW.

... yes? I mean, that’s true, but I’m not sure what your point is.

Edited by Thanos Legion

7 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Except the general audience will like End game way more than Infinity War.  that said the burnout ratio might trim the legs no matter what. I'll be fine with 937

you dont think audience liked infinity war? People loved both movies.

3 minutes ago, jaybox said:

Impossible? A movie basically just opened to 360 million dollars on opening weekend. 

so? Opening to 360M was never impossible just never done before.

I'm just saying I think it is exceptionally difficult and unlikely for Endgame to sustain enough interest from people who didn't want to see it on opening weekend, to reach 1 billion.

If it had reached 400M then it would be marginally possiblie. with a grand finale film having a 360M opening its impossible to have 2.8x legs. Sorry it just cant happen. If this was an original film, sure. it's not just a sequel, but the ENDING.

• Like 1

Just now, Avatree said:

I'm just saying I think it is exceptionally difficult and unlikely for Endgame to sustain enough interest from people who didn't want to see it on opening weekend, to reach 1 billion.

If it had reached 400M then it would be marginally possiblie. with a grand finale film having a 360M opening its impossible to have 2.8x legs. Sorry it just cant happen. If this was an original film, sure. it's not just a sequel, but the ENDING.

for fans yes for general audience   no  iw cinemascore a , eg a+  and also really ? 360 WAS CONSIDERED IMPOSSIBLE  

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

A 90 minute tv episode is not impacting anyone going to the cinema during the other 24 hours of the day. Especially not when half the viewers DVR it anyway 

thank god someone else said 

• Like 2

2.35x odd will give it 850 dom with 360+ ow. Should be the target imo.

With it's massive massive ow and being #4 I doubt 2.5x will be feasible. However TA3 and MI5, MI6 proved that sequel legs don't follow any formula if wom is very good.

TA1 3.0x+

TA2 2.4x+

TA3 2.6x+

TA4 2.4x+

1 minute ago, a2k said:

2.35x odd will give it 850 dom with 360+ ow. Should be the target imo.

With it's massive massive ow and being #4 I doubt 2.5x will be feasible. However TA3 and MI5, MI6 proved that sequel legs don't follow any formula if wom is very good.

TA1 3.0x+

TA2 2.4x+

TA3 2.6x+

TA4 2.4x+

endgame  wom is as good as a1 which is fantastic

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Avatree said:

That’s like saying it was impossible for TFA to get to $937 million off a $247 million weekend, and EVERYONE wanted to see that OW. 

Truth is we just don’t know at this point how this is going to play out in the next few weeks. It’s shocked us repeatedly since it opened. 

Guess we’ll know more this time next week as to where it’s headed. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Don't bullshit now nobody thought it would open to 350M or that it was possible to open more than 300M OW. There were several articles explaining why it was not possible. But it defied logic and grossed more than 100M of previous record of IW. So saying it's impossible is just you being in denial.. Whether 1B happens or not that is different question but straight up saying it's impossible... I mean come on.. Who said sequel can't outgross? TFA outgrossed Avatar domestic so it was a sequel... Keep calm just breathe.... Think rationally..  

Edited by Nero
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 9

Nothing is impossible when it comes to this movie so nothing should be ruled out but I remember when people got super excited last year and were over projecting Infinity War's legs. So I'm just taking a wait and see attitude, especially after this sort of opening weekend. The film is going to have a mega huge final gross either way. It could have BvS style legs and the final gross would be ridiculous. The Force Awakens is not a good comparison because it had Holidays to prop up its legs. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Nothing is impossible when it comes to this movie so nothing should be ruled out but I remember when people got super excited last year and were over projecting Infinity War's legs. So I'm just taking a wait and see attitude, especially after this sort of opening weekend. The film is going to have a mega huge final gross either way. It could have BvS style legs and the final gross would be ridiculous.

? most people that i saw who at least knew about box office had iw mutli at 2.4-.2.6

15 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Okay you're bullshitting

• Like 1

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

Nothing is impossible when it comes to this movie so nothing should be ruled out but I remember when people got super excited last year and were over projecting Infinity War's legs. So I'm just taking a wait and see attitude, especially after this sort of opening weekend. The film is going to have a mega huge final gross either way. It could have BvS style legs and the final gross would be ridiculous.

The problem is that he is straight up saying 1B domestic is impossible.... And that 360M was gonna happen but it didn't happen before... I mean what logic

I can’t imagine that this movie will explode past every other Marvel movie in total, especially to the point of a 1 billion domestic total. I think we’ll see that a lot of people just had to run out and see it immediately. 

Edited by Chaz

4 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

That’s like saying it was impossible for TFA to get to $937 million off a $247 million weekend, and EVERYONE wanted to see that OW. 

Truth is we just don’t know at this point how this is going to play out in the next few weeks. It’s shocked us repeatedly since it opened. 

Guess we’ll know more this time next week as to where it’s headed. 

sure but TFA not a great comparison as not a direct sequel the same as endgame more a reboot. meh whatever.

31 minutes ago, rishijoesanu said:

The actuals will be lower due to Game of Thrones

Possible. My mom and I was going to go see End Game on Sunday, but then we realized GOT was going to have the BIG BATTLE, so we decided to go on Saturday instead.  Of course, we are going to have people who refuse to accept that Game of Thrones is also a beast of a franchise and will just say people needed to go to bed so they are up for work/school the next day, but I personally won't be surprised if

Spoiler

GOT deaths and whatnot

might be stealing End Game's thunder on Social Media come Monday.