The Wild Eric

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

No movie died harder than Hellboy this week. It's looking at a drop of 90%!

It's very frustrating the business of theatrical releases. I really really wanted to see Hellboy but by the time I had a free evening it had left cinemas... in under 2 weeks.

1 minute ago, Avatree said:

It's very frustrating the business of theatrical releases. I really really wanted to see Hellboy but by the time I had a free evening it had left cinemas... in under 2 weeks.

The movie gods are sending you a sign.

36 minutes ago, Box Office Freak said:

I wonder why it's so hard to make a cinematic universe stick. What's the secret sauce? Is it RDJ

He is no doubt, one of the reasons. Main thing I took from both MCU and DC, is that in the beginning, DC is very bland, and has no character to it. MCU has fun with it's movies. Like it or not, but Tony Stark, Thor, Peter Quill, Peter Parker and Rocket all have real personalities that are very engaging. Captain America- he is a stoic character, but his movies are balanced out by either Tommy Lee Jone's, Scarlet Johansson or Anthony Mackie who give it some fun. Same with Black Panther, he too is very stoic, but it's balanced out by Shuri and even M'Baku who also ended up being a fan favorite.  BVS and Justice League was filled with stoic characters, so it made the movies lackluster. It's why people think DC might have hit it's stride with Aquaman and Shazam, characters that are more charismatic and fun to watch, and they are surrounded by a good cast.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Avatree said:

I agree. December not easy to compare to right now since TFA had holidays which gave it such good legs. I don't think if TFA had opened in April it would do anywhere near as well.

Yeah... the sequel to Return of the Jedi with the original cast returning wouldn’t have done “nearly as well” in April. Now this is where I’ll say pump the breaks....  hahahaha #alllovetho

4 minutes ago, Avatree said:

They should have made a movie that wasn't garbage.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Deep Wang said:

They should have made a movie that wasn't garbage.

it's not about being "garbage", happens all the time that films get chucked out of cinemas in place of other films. Just annoying for it to happen so quickly to what is quite a big film budget wise. i should have done it opening weekend.

1 minute ago, AJG said:

RANK THE MARVEL SOUNDTRACKS!!!!!!!

Endgame

Black Panther

Infinity War

The Theme from Ant-Man

The 60's theme from Spiderman

The Rest.

it's black panther and then it's the Silvestri ones and the first thor actually has a pretty decent soundtrack. everything else is whatever.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AJG said:

RANK THE MARVEL SOUNDTRACKS!!!!!!!

Endgame

Black Panther

Infinity War

The Theme from Ant-Man

The 60's theme from Spiderman

The Rest.

Gonna be so weird when listening to the different Avengers scores cause Ultron is gonna stick out like a sore thumb though I did enjoy the parts Danny Elfman did,