Eric Lasagna

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

2 minutes ago, doublejack said:

Nope. GoT is not as popular as some believe it to be. The peak ratings for it have the show at 10-11M viewers. That's less than 1/3rd the number of people that saw Endgame this weekend.

Nope, its 10-11 million accounts that watch live, not viewers. Its likely most accounts have more than one viewer.

• Knock It Off 1

9 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

no I realize the number but I'm saying why not just project a 15% drop just like Infinity Wars had.

Just now, HeadShot said:

Ultron is miles better than the Straight-to-TV-movie TA.

genuine question, what about The Avengers makes it a "TV movie"?

I've seen this term thrown around a lot in this board about the first Avengers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Usually SW movies are really strong on Thursday night so i will not shocked if EP9 could beat EG record.

Dude Endgame has insane hype and still only did 60M for Thursday.... TFA had insane hype so it did 57M... TROS has none of that.. I will bet you 100% Thursday will be less than 57M.. No movie will break Thursday for atleast 5 years

1 minute ago, GirafficPark said:

You know that GoT is on TV right? You know its not competing for the same dollars? GoT is also traditionally released in April, so its not like it moved dates to be spiteful.

Even if GoT was going to have a negative effect it would only be in the US from about 5pm Sunday anyway.

It's still competing for TIME and attention. Do you think that the average person is willing to watch a 1+ hour long GOT episode and a 3 hour long movie the same day? 

• Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

13 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

It cannot overtake Age of Ultron then? Still, an incredible run. 

Maybe, but 15 wide releases throughout all of May means theaters are getting ready to clean house of everything except Avengers.

Edited by filmlover

3 minutes ago, PDC1987 said:

Not to mention bitching about corporations, monopolies and money by way of posting on TWITTER using an APPLE smartphone.

As opposed to what other possible method of quick mass communication that isn't dependent on corporate products? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

That top bar is ridiculous :))

sub-buzz-17839-1556466738-1.png?downsize

This is a perfect example as to why I personally think the weekend record will never be broken ever. Just look how far ahead that line is for Endgame. Actuals will put it even farther away. Look the comparisons in the other movies when it out grossed the other movie question. A tiny increase, nothing out of this world.  With Endgame is just mind boggling.

My God In Heaven.

3 hours ago, Warhorse said:

17.5 million households, anywhere from 1 to 4 people per household. You do the math. 

I seen this movie twice. Let me just say, I seen more people walking out of the theater a little let down than pumped. First time, I went with a party of 13 people, some fanboys and one considered a general audience, and nobody walked away happy. I went again last night with my mom. She enjoyed the movie, but as I was leaving, I was hearing quite a few murmurs from the audience about how it didn't feel right, that it was missing something. IW was more fun, and had great interactions with Tony, Thor, Peter, GOTG and Stephen Lang. End Game didn't have that to be honest. I seriously feel that it was Thor's arc and the whole thing between Tony, GOTG and Peter that made Infinity War so rewatchable, and well, End Game dropped the ball in my opinion concerning these characters. End Game had one scene in it that had me pumped, but other than that, the movie was kind of depressing. I'm more than likely wrong, and I sure as hell can't foresee what this film will be like just from my personal experience. But, I won't be surprised if in the end, the movie starts to perform more like Age of Ultron by it's third week after the newness wears off. 

You must live in Japan. 

• Like 2
  • Astonished 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Avatree said:

genuine question, what about The Avengers makes it a "TV movie"?

I've seen this term thrown around a lot in this board about the first Avengers.

It looks like a TV movie. The way it was shot. There is no depth or shadow to the colour.