The Wild Eric

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

$60M in previews already but looking to be pulling 90M+ true Friday is just absurd.

Marvel consistency as a backloaded franchise is insane. 

• Like 3

My movies about to start. Can’t wait!

It’s pretty telling how much of an enormous event this is that i’m not even a Marvel fan, yet I’m still seeing this on the opening Friday. Last year I didn’t catch Infinity War until like the third Tuesday.

Edited by dakus

Looking at DOM and China OW projections and juggling with some of those numbers, while understanding that it's still very early to talk about legs, could we say that DOM + China total is likelier than not to get past Age of Ultron WW total? I don't know if we can say that yet but personally I'd bet over without hesitation. That's so absurd, Age of Ultron is the 8th highest grossing film.  

And I mean Infinity War almost made 1B in the rest of the markets and it looks like Endgame will increase a lot over that too, this is just a monster. It's probable to get to #2 WW highest grosser with such ease.

1 minute ago, John C-Nah said:

CJohn has been warning you all 300M OW was possible. And you all thought he was insane. He is probably laughing now...

tenor.gif

But let’s talk about that 300M OW for Pikachu though...

2 minutes ago, Sam said:

But let’s talk about that 300M OW for Pikachu though...

He already said that was a clear mistake that should have never happened. It was stupid. He has also disavowed that club a few days ago. 👀

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 2

I’m literally trying to rack my brain as to what could approach this.  Maybe in an alternate world a Marvel/DC crossover film.  And the chances of that happening right now are slim to none.

1 minute ago, DAR said:

I’m literally trying to rack my brain as to what could approach this.  Maybe in an alternate world a Marvel/DC crossover film.  And the chances of that happening right now are slim to none.

I’m sure the 36th Robin Hood movie can hit it. 

Endgame, per Deadline:

Screen Engine/ComScore PostTrak exits exploded with 5 stars and a huge 83% definite recommend. Parents gave the pic 4 stars, and kids under 12 were pleased, giving it 5 stars. General audiences made up 79% of the crowd, with kids numbering 11% and parents at 9%. Leading general demos were men over 25 at 35% (90% positive), men under 25 at 30% (loved it the most at 94%), with females under and over 25 equally split at 18% (women under loved it at 90%, while over gave the pic 89%).

Fifty-four percent of those who watched Thanos and company last night said it’s part of a franchise they like, while close to a third said they’re going to see it a second time in a theater, with 27% saying they’ll buy the Russo Brothers-directed sequel on Blu-Ray.

Diversity breakdowns were 44% Caucasian, 22% Hispanic, 15% African American (they gave Endgame a 100% score) and 15% Asian.

M>25: 90*.35 = 31.5

M<25: 94*.30 = 28.2

F>25: 90*18 = 16.2

F<25: 89*18 = 16.02

Total: 91.92% overall positive 

Pretty similar to AIW:

PostTrak reporting a massive 83% definite recommend, besting Captain America: Civil War‘s buzz (75%). 

Screen Engine/ComScore’s PostTrak scores are huge, showing 93% overall positive so far, which bests the positive score for both Avengers: Age of Ultron (90%) and Captain America: Civil War (88%). Five amazing stars for Infinity War. Audience makeup is 66% guys to 34% females, which is the same breakdown as Civil War. Fifty-eight percent are over 25 for Infinity War versus 51% over 25 for Civil War and 55% under 25 for Age of Ultron. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, DAR said:

Maybe Secret Wars? I think Marvel/DC would never happen just because I don't think Disney and Warner Bros would ever agree to it, they hasn't even been a Marvel/DC crossover comic since 2004.

I see about 50 showings at one of the local theaters tomorrow.   Now we are supposed to get 5-7 inches of snow here. So that could have a slight effect.  Though from what I’m hearing it might just make the roads wet and slushy but not exactly snow covered 

Edited by DAR

2 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

lol wtf so it basically broke OD records on second and third days too.. lmao what

Previous single/OD record was TFA with AUD9.45m.

I threw in single day as well because, although AEG broke the OD record with AUD10.3m, there's a chance Saturday might take the single day record. 

Wed: AUD10.3m

Thursday and Friday: AUD20m give or take a couple hundred thousand

Thurs and Friday didn't quite break the previous days records, but essentially flat and above TFAs record.

Edited by Robertron

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Maybe Secret Wars? I think Marvel/DC would never happen just because I don't think Disney and Warner Bros would ever agree to it, they hasn't even been a Marvel/DC crossover comic since 2004.

Yeah I’m sure at some point they’ll get to Secret Wars

15 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

can Endgame challenge The Lost World: Jurassic Park, the movie which has held the opening week-end record for the longest time so far? (~4.5 years)

We'll know in 2025 :ph34r:

After taking down Avatar WW and TFA Dom, that's the next stretch goal. How long can Endgame hold the OW Dom record? I think there's a very good chance it reaches the 5-10 year range on top.

It is not just incrementally increasing the record, it is on pace to blow it away. There are only a handful of films that have done this. For something else to take the OW record back it will have to be an established property with pedigree and hype, or an original movie based on a well known IP that becomes searing hot in the hype phase. Maybe the SW:TRoS? Maybe an Avatar sequel (very unlikely IMO, but maybe). A better JW sequel? Maybe some new bestselling book that gets turned into a film?

There's very little that we know of now that has a chance, so that means the record should be safe for a few years minimum. So, the chance of taking that record is looking good where I sit.