Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

1 minute ago, Mulder said:

To be fair though what TMP's saying is nearly impossible. I don't think Detective Pikachu will be #1 in it's weekend but I can't see Endgame going past 4 weeks at #1 unless it's literally dropping only like 10-20% every weekend.

Fair enough. I personally don't think so either. I'm just not making any calls on anything at this point.

There are no walk ups in NYC by the by. My friend and I are at Kiss Me Kate. It is intermission and we just checked about getting in another showing tonight. Everything sold out or near Cap. Madness. 

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, Mekanos said:

What if second weekend is a sub-50% drop :sparta:

I honestly think this will happen. Could beat TFA's 2nd weekend drop. JW also dropped sub 50% despite Inside Out doing 90 million that same weekend.

57 minutes ago, a2k said:

AEG is looking to break the ow record by 35% at least. Is that also a record? 

At least it's by far the biggest margin since 2000,

Potter1 beat JP2 by 25%

SM1 beat Potter1 by 28%

POTC2 beat SM1 by 18%

SM3 beat POTC2 by 12%

TDK beat SM3 by 5%

DH2 beat TDK by 7%

TA1 beat DH2 by 23%

JW2 beat TA1 by <1%

TFA beat JW2 by 19%

AIW beat TFA by 4%

AEG could beat AIW by >35% with >350 ow

ROTJ broke the previous record by 60%.

• Like 1

This movie is the perfect storm of events. Years and years of good- great movies, audience trust, rush factor to see this before being spoiled and to top it off they made a fantastic movie.

I don’t see this happening again anytime soon, and I’m not even talking about the next 10 years.

I just don’t see how any movie matches this opening. Feige and co have done something that is truly remarkable. 

29 minutes ago, TMP said:

Dumbo was also meant to do $75m OW. Also don't see how Dumbo had worse buzz than Aladdin, but it did have a lot less competition than Aladdin will face.

Dumbo was tracking at $ 50 - 60M, never $ 75M.

And just to clear my point quickly about the buzz:

Dumbo teaser have 13M views [183k likes] / Aladdin teaser have 27M views [390k likes]

Dumbo full trailer have 16M views [235k likes] / Aladdin full trailer have 50M views [1.04M likes]

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JB33 said:

That's saying something. given you're us

Well Charlie says 110plus 

I think today will showcase the theoretical max for single day business

All 20 theaters around me are running at 95% occupancy.

Edited by Lordmandeep

1 minute ago, Mekanos said:

What if second weekend is a sub-50% drop :sparta:

I think there's an okay shot of that in all honesty. The love is already strong and repeat viewings will be there, but the main driving force is that spillover effect. You've got a whole bunch of people out there, specifically in areas with mid-size or smaller theaters, who weren't able to see it because of sold-out times. My local 8-screen has been sold out or close to sold out for just about every showing, so a lot of people who got locked out before will want to try and see it next weekend when the crowds have died down a bit (key word here). Helps that nothing of note is coming out next week. And unlike TFA when people were out of school, we're still in school season, so weekdays, while big, aren't gonna be that big.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Still to this day and age, one of the most iconic posts ever. It keeps getting better with every day that passes by.

Original posting:

we all gotta be famous for something.

Better this than playgrounds 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

I think there's an okay shot of that in all honesty. The love is already strong and repeat viewings will be there, but the main driving force is that spillover effect. You've got a whole bunch of people out there, specifically in areas with mid-size or smaller theaters, who weren't able to see it because of sold-out times. My local 8-screen has been sold out or close to sold out for just about every showing, so a lot of people who got locked out before will want to try and see it next weekend when the crowds have died down a bit (key word here). Helps that nothing of note is coming out next week. And unlike TFA when people were out of school, we're still in school season, so weekdays, while big, aren't gonna be that big.

Pretty much this exactly. I have a friend who's seeing it next Friday because everything else was sold out.

8 minutes ago, Mulder said:

I honestly think this will happen. Could beat TFA's 2nd weekend drop. JW also dropped sub 50% despite Inside Out doing 90 million that same weekend.

Do you think the average movie goer that didn’t go this weekend will care to watch it when they get spoiled on Monday?  

A lot of people are rushing to avoid spoilers. Don’t know if there will be as much demand next weekend