Eric the Minion

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

1 minute ago, cdsacken said:

Intermittent fasting

Less booze

Little sweets

Very little gym 230 to 160. Last time I weighed 160 I was 14 haha.

I'm not sure if the actual mechanics behind IF have helped me but certainly it cuts down on snacking/overeating, once I make it to 5pm that's me done for the day no exceptions. Lost 2 and a half stones since September.

• Like 2

Thanks for the laughs this morning guys. So we are gonna sit here and act like a week or two week ago, even with insane presales, that we knew $360M was gonna happen? An opening over IW by $100M+? $300M wasn't even a guarantee. So let's just stop with the nonsense. I swear. The bigger the numbers get for movies, the more ridiculous some people on here get with what they write. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 6

2 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

You might be right. 

But I think it’s the best comparison as it’s the only movie in recent memory that was as anticipated. 

The question we all have is whether it’ll be frontloaded. What better film to compare it to than the movie that was as anticipated upfront and also murdered the OW record? 

I can’t see it getting TFA multiplier, sure. But at $360 OW it doesn’t need to! Lol. 

it need around 2,5 mulit 😛

• Like 1

Endgame is such a rare event that it is in an uncharted territory. I agree that we should let it plays out rather than being adamant on our own cherished opinions on how it should play out based on past events and analogy.

Will such a massive OW results in shorter legs even if it is very much widely well liked with Cinemascre A+? OR will widespread repeat viewings carry it to near 1B? We should be able to tell in a week or two.

I personally think the leg is 2.5 to 2.7. GA are forgetful, and there are some really interesting movies coming in next 2-4 weeks. If Endgame were to be released in December, it should make 1B easily.

Edited by justvision

Just now, Box Office Freak said:

I wonder what the industry is thinking about Endgame's box office...

What kind of copycats will this movie inspire?

You can't copy cat a movie that's pretty much a decade in the making with 22 films that have come before it. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Intermittent fasting

Less booze

Little sweets

Very little gym 230 to 160. Last time I weighed 160 I was 14 haha.

ive no idea what 230 or 160 means but I try to go to the gym every day, usually fail but try all the same. and eat what i want but make sure to cover my fruit and also have some eggs every day as theyre good forf yuou.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Box Office Freak said:

I wonder what the industry is thinking about Endgame's box office...

What kind of copycats will this movie inspire?

BvS says hello. Copycats will copy, but they will fail because they won't take the time and make the investment needed to actually pull it off.

• Like 2

Just now, Nova said:

You can't copy cat a movie that's pretty much a decade in the making with 22 films that have come before it. 

Doesnt mean Hollywood wont try. 

I'm expecting a Dark Universe announcement any day now

Who knows what they'll try to make a universe out of now. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

Thanks for the laughs this morning guys. So we are gonna sit here and act like a week or two week ago, even with insane presales, that we knew $360M was gonna happen? An opening over IW by $100M+? $300M wasn't even a guarantee. So let's just stop with the nonsense. I swear. The bigger the numbers get for movies, the more ridiculous some people on here get with what they write. 

LOL right look at the $300m club thread. It’s hilarious 

Also I just want to point out that nothing in the OW multiplier indicates End Game will be front loaded or that there was a "fan rush," to go out and see it. As crazy as it is, the movie is playing on par with other Marvel films. It also has an A+ cinemascore and everyone I know who has watched it has had praise for it. So I don't see why a 2.8x multiplier would be hard for it to get. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, bleachella said:

I can't believe I've reached a point where I'm almosts mildly disappointed if saturday is "just" 109. I was hoping for at least 110+... my own fault for raising my expectations too absurdly high I guess. But at least it now has increased chances to go for that 357 for the perfect balance:ph34r: .

Okay, I guess 111,4m is good enough for me, I can live with that:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

Yeh I predicted $303.7m lol

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

La Llorona, Us and Pet Sematary tanking over 70% each. Looks like Shazam will avoid that with a brutal 65% drop instead.

Literally everyone predicted this. 

Its not remotely surprising considering the #1 films numbers lol 

Just now, Box Office Freak said:

Doesnt mean Hollywood wont try. 

I'm expecting a Dark Universe announcement any day now

Who knows what they'll try to make a universe out of now. 

Hollywood did try. It's called BvS. *And mods I'm not trying to start a fan war or whatever. Just pointing out that a studio within Hollywood did attempt to replicate the Avengers. 

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

Most people thought ove $300m would happen, like a lot of people. Of those predictions most where between $300m - $310m Almost none expected over $350m and congratz to those who did predict that, I take my hat of for you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

LOL right look at the $300m club thread. It’s hilarious 

Luckily I was IN on that thread so no one can laugh at my responses :ph34r: Although I did question how the runtime would affect the movie and clearly it had ZERO effect on it so at least in the future we can throw away that excuse.