sfran43

Weekend Thread: Endgame 40.6M Friday, 61-62.5m Sat (per Asgard p.49)

2 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Still not enough. They are not going from Indian subcontinent, China also they aren't really accurate.

I was just making reference to your comment on comScore don't get admits from many territories and I was like  they actually do from most, same with Numero, It's two fold. First its the majority of markets they get Flash BO data from (at whatever level that data might be 50%, 90%,100% depending) both companies have that figure. Then separate to that it's the reported number that comes either directly from Studio/Distributors or from a local reporting agency, that's the number that can cover 80+ markets/territories with admits. In the case of say India(and quite a few others) they are only getting reported BO/Admit data from Major studios titles, its whatever figure they are given for that and China can be its own beast on whats Flash and reported.

The other post that was saying WW figure for AIW,AEG . Yes both weren't  WW numbers,far from it as we both mentioned.

They get admits data from even countries like Syria(for whatever that's worth)

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Just now, RtheEnd said:

I was just making reference to your comment on comScore don't get admits from many territories and I was like  they actually do from most, same with Numero, It's two fold. First its the majority of markets they get Flash BO data from (at whatever level that data might be 50%, 90%,100% depending) both companies have that figure. Then separate to that it's the reported number that comes either directly from Studio/Distributors or from a local reporting agency, that's the number that can cover 80+ markets/territories with admits. In the case of say India(and quite a few others) they are only getting reported BO/Admit data from Major studios titles, its whatever figure they are given for that and China can be its own beast on whats Flash and reported.

The other post that was saying WW figure for AIW,AEG . Yes both weren't  WW numbers,far from it as we both mentioned.

They get admits data from even countries like Syria(for whatever that's worth)

RTH any reason why on Comscore's w/e  B.O. charts that Disney invariably only tracks 55 or so markets for a WW day and date opening when other studios are in the 70s or even 80s?  What happens with the other markets?

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

RTH any reason why on Comscore's w/e  B.O. charts that Disney invariably only tracks 55 or so markets for a WW day and date opening when other studios are in the 70s or even 80s?  What happens with the other markets?

n62ejee6tie11.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Welcome to the forums.

No, repeat business is not quantifiable in dollars. It is however a clear sign that the movie resonates very well with audiences which is an indication that its later legs will be very good.

Cheers, I've occassionally read comments on fan forums where posters seem to think seeing a movie 20 times will be helpful to the box office total in some significant way but could never see it myself. Even 50,000 super-rabid US Marvel fans who all see a movie 20 times only add $10M or so to the gross.

But as you say, it's indicative of a strong word of mouth factor among more regular ticket buyers. If ten people recommend the movie to ten people, who then see it and recommend to ten people, and so on, well.... after only seven iterations that's $100M+ on the box office!

11 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

Cameronites wish their movie will open so big it can fall 200m and still get record :D

I think he might go into a severe depression if it doesn't reach 3.5 billion. He's painted anything else as an absolute failure.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cdsacken said:

I think he might go into a severe depression if it doesn't reach 3.5 billion. He's painted anything else as an absolute failure.

Cameronites count life in Billies, it is both their Greatness and their Curse.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

The drops pretty much make TFA and 3B safe but the raw numbers are still big and we really don't know how that will go ahead which still give a little hope.

Ofcourse let's see if that A+ give it late legs.

You don't think there's a chance that this could actually gross 3 billion? I still think it could get there.

Just now, The Futurist said:

Cameronites count life in Billies, it is both their Greatness and their Curse.

So much so, their spouses are all Billy/Billie (occasionally Billy-Bob or Billie-Jean).

• Haha 1

Just now, baumer said:

You don't think there's a chance that this could actually gross 3 billion? I still think it could get there.

China will slow down considerably. If it does another 250 DOM (or even stretches to 300), I find it difficult for it to do as much as it would need in OS-C markets. Reckon Pika-Pika and Godzilla will be big enough OS to hurt EG's legs (more so than domestic, I would say).

Avatar SHOULD go down, at least...Fingers crossed.

Edited by reddevil19

Just now, The Futurist said:

I am happy with 800/850m dom and 2,5-2,6B WW.

As Alec Baldwin's good friend Bane once said... Mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling!

Image result for bane gif

Edited by reddevil19

14 minutes ago, baumer said:

Not without breaking TFA and bit further to 975. It opened 40% over A:IW in OS-China, even if it legs out like A:IW which is possible, as most countries 2nd weekend drop and weekdays trend is better, it will be around $1390-1400mn. China is looking at $635mn finish.

Dom 970 is must. 

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Not without breaking TFA and bit further to 975. It opened 40% over A:IW in OS-China, even if it legs out like A:IW which is possible, as most countries 2nd weekend drop and weekdays trend is better, it will be around $1390-1400mn. China is looking at $640-650mn finish.

Dom 970 is must. 

I think the consensus now is closer to 625 in China. I think it's pretty safe to write off 3B now, not that it dimishes its accomplishment, but for 3B, we'll just have to wait, emmm, a little longer...

1 minute ago, NCsoft said:

I think the consensus now is closer to 625 in China. I think it's pretty safe to write off 3B now, not that it dimishes its accomplishment, but for 3B, we'll just have to wait, emmm, a little longer...

how long?

• Like 2