sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - John Wick: Chapter 3 $56.82M | Avengers Endgame $29.97M | Detective Pikachu $25.10M

3 minutes ago, a2k said:

Most over-predicted film on our site? Step aside and make way

mary+poppins+flying+gif.gif

For DOM over-predictions, it seems a close race between Solo, Poppins, and Pikachu. WW, most over-predicted is definitely Pikachu. 

• Like 4

Just now, Charlie Jatinder said:

I just don't thought, he looks like shocked disappointed.

It looks like a cutout from when they were trying to kill the Gojira with the blast of a bomb and he sitting down. MAYBE. 

6 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

850 is not happening. I guess after the insanely hype opening week some balance was demanded.

Captain Marvel and Homecoming are the only films that overperformed my full run expectations but I was disappointed with their opening.

Rest all are good with opening but disaspointing with total.

Black Panther overperformed for everything.

Ant Man and Wasp underperformed in both.

9 minutes ago, Nova said:

Amazing how 3 of the most over  predicted films on this site came within the span of a year….

we are getting better at this :sparta:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

For DOM over-predictions, it seems a close race between Solo, Poppins, and Pikachu. WW, most over-predicted is definitely Pikachu. 

This seems right.

Just now, ZattMurdock said:

I'm not sure what the hell happened here for Charlie get that first number so wrong, haha. Disappointed, but let's do this.

It was never wrong, he was just doing his impression of Loki. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, baumer said:

Is Pikachu the most over predicted film in the history of our site?

Here's the summer game predictions for Pika Pika:

Chas:  310

Movieman:  412

Panda:  600

Mike Hunt:  202.5

Glassfairy:  375

Simionski:  275

Panamovie:  322

Cooleric:  300

Kalo:  325

JJ-8:  314.7

WrathofHan:  330

Mr. Pink:  315

Empire:  286

Ms. LadyHawk:  302

Captainwondyful:  333.33

Sheikh:  285

Fancyarcher:  304

Kayu:  340

Nanner:  300

Cmaster:  275

BCF26:  440

BobDole:  190 (best summer game prediction)

Jake Gittes:  337

AndyLL:  400

ZeeSoh:  325

Infernus:  250

This would have been perhaps my best call of the summer.  I had it opening to 60 mill and finishing with a 2.7X for 162 million.  Don't worry, I'm not bragging because I would have fucked a lot of the other movies up big time.  Just saying that this film was massively over predicted by almost everyone!

Ok, now do the domestic totals.

• Haha 9

2 minutes ago, tawasal said:

It was never wrong, he was just doing his impression of Loki. 

Is he still doing his impression of Loki tho? It seems too soon to even come with an estimate.

IDK, I'm holding out hope that he got excited but backtracked because it is too soon to call that. Am I that far off @Charlie Jatinder?

2 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Is he still doing his impression of Loki tho? It seems too soon to even come with an estimate.

IDK, I'm holding out hope that he got excited but backtracked because it is too soon to call that. Am I that far off @Charlie Jatinder?

Not anymore. That would be my best guess. But this numbers are too boring to be an exciting trick of some kind. 

12 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

No time is too soon. We have had day estimates at 8AM PST at time of Captain Marvel :p.

I was just trying go to see how will people react to 14. Then I felt sorry abt that.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, ACSlater said:

@Charlie Jatinder Not a big fan of Bollywood but do you think Sooryavanshi will break bank? 

Thinking of scheduling my yearly trip to Delhi to check it out with my mum. 

Sooryavanshi won't release till a year from now. That's so early to give a call.

Its clashing with Insahallah of Salman and will most likely be the one to move as Salman is much bigger star than Akshay.