sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - John Wick: Chapter 3 $56.82M | Avengers Endgame $29.97M | Detective Pikachu $25.10M

24 minutes ago, baumer said:

Maybe WB ended up being way too over confident and didn't pay attention to historical data.  Sinking 150 mill into this film was kind of bananas.

In fairness it wasn't WB's doing. Pikachu had already wrapped principal photography when they took over distributing duties from Universal.

Edited by cookie

1 minute ago, tawasal said:

I think he meant his saturday numbers we all are going crazy about. 96% jump for EG. 

Ah, okay.  That makes more sense.  I saw he edited that post and I figured he put something there and quickly deleted it.

Meme still stands, though. :lol:

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, baumer said:

Yea, II'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with this.  Titanic proved that if an audience loves a three hour movie, they will see it over and over and over again.  I'm not comparing their runs to one another but your notion that the three hour run time is hurting it is imo, poppcock.

Titanic is in another era. Today people have more things to do. 

15.6 (-22%)

58.2 OW for Mr. Wick and a great chance to make +150-180m DOM. The franchise has finally gone mainstream after three fantastic movies.

Edited by picores

32 minutes ago, baumer said:

Maybe WB ended up being way too over confident and didn't pay attention to historical data.  Sinking 150 mill into this film was kind of bananas.

DP isn't a WB film. They inherited it from Universal and, outside of marketing, didn't put that much money into it.

1 minute ago, MrGamer said:

DP isn't a WB film. They inherited it from Universal and, outside of marketing, didn't put that much money into it.

Really?  Who cares?  The point I'm making is that whoever decided to sink 150 mill into it wasn't really thinking properly.  WB, Legendary, whoever.  

• Like 3

Just now, baumer said:

Really?  Who cares?  The point I'm making is that whoever decided to sink 150 mill into it wasn't really thinking properly.  WB, Legendary, whoever.  

Cleary they’re idiots for spending that much money on a movie based on the biggest media franchise in the world.  Especially when said movie is going to break even in the long run.  Definitely one of the most unreasonable budgets for a Hollywood movie ever

• Like 1

1 minute ago, baumer said:

The good thing about Legendary coming back over to WB is, with the management they have now, they can start keeping Legendary's budgets in check. Universal let them go wild with Warcraft and Pacific Rim 2's budgets and we all know what happened there. They probably could've made DP for a little less than $150M if Universal were paying attention.

• Like 1