sfran43

Flop Weekend Thread: Top 5 Weekend Actuals - TSLOP2 $46.65M | Dark Phoenix $32.83M | Aladdin $24.68M | Godzilla KOTM $15.45M | Rocketman $13.82M

5 hours ago, Blankments said:

SLOP2 is shockingly bad. and i think the first one is a rare decent Illumination film. pretty disappointed

My brother loved it. Said it was much better than the first. His kids loved it as well. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DeeCee said:

I’m more looking forward to the Metro then the movie. 

The Metro knows me to well. 

nice!  movies should be treated like hamburgers IMO! 

one thing i expect us to not like about movies is the characters don't know they are in the movie

6 minutes ago, Slave Animal Rights said:

nice!  movies should be treated like hamburgers IMO! 

one thing i expect us to not like about movies is the characters don't know they are in the movie

Ok, I have to ask. What do the numbers in your sig mean? What is 98% Avatar and 88% Hellboy? It’s like a riddle I can’t solve.

1 hour ago, baumer said:

My brother loved it. Said it was much better than the first. His kids loved it as well. 

I agree with your brother. Loved the addition of Tiffany Haddish. I thought it was pretty good and so did the audience with whom I saw it. Children and parents were really into it. My son loved it. The pacing is good and the length is perfect for children. Only thing my son was disappointed about was that Leonard was not in it. He got a kick out of that dog in the first. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Loved the addition of Tiffany Haddish. 

I heard that the government cloned Tiffany a couple of years back in order to have her be in so many movies and tv shows. They also did the same with Kevin Hart and The Rock. Bill Hader was also cloned in 2013 or so, unfortunately they made too many copies of him so there's an entire gaggle of excess Haders running around the country. I found 4 of em stealing the tomatoes out of my garden.

Edited by LOGAN'sLuckyRun
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Slave Animal Rights said:

Ugh at movies with Tiffany Haddish.  She is a coward who makes alot of money and talks like a dog and wears furs.  You gotta have tough skin to make it in Hollywood.  and enjoy watching your partners fuck other people

And here I thought I was a sick weirdo 

• Haha 1

Neither opener did particularly well at my theatre. SLOP2 did equivalent of about 8.2M true Friday here, although family films usually have more muted Friday’s followed by ridiculous Saturday’s here so I won’t write it off yet.

Dark Phoenix though... 4.1M

Since the release of A:EG, none of the movies except Aladdin did more in their OW than A:EG previews.  Looks set to continue this and next weekend as well. Don't know which non-Disney movie will do more except Hobbs and Shaw.

Edited by oMeriMombatti
  • Astonished 1

SLOP2 getting less than half the OW of the first is... something. It's quite a drop from what Illumination can usually put up. I wonder if those character specific previews hampered it. They never gave the sense that there was any story to it.

Dark Phoenix is definitely hitting below the X-Men OW tiers of 50-60 or 80-90. Bit of a downer note to end the series on.