sfran43

Flop Weekend Thread: Top 5 Weekend Actuals - TSLOP2 $46.65M | Dark Phoenix $32.83M | Aladdin $24.68M | Godzilla KOTM $15.45M | Rocketman $13.82M

Omg what a awful weekend 

Aladdin is the only winner in this 

that Saturday increase for tslop is very much gonna question it’s legs for this movie. 

150 million is in question 

x men is DOA. Might do 80 million domestic. 310-320 million WW

Godzilla dropped terribly 

godzilla 2nd weekend is worse than Shazam 3rd weekend and detective Pikachu 3rd weekend with Memorial Day weekend 

105-110 million domestically if lucky 

1 minute ago, LawrenceBrolivier said:

Didn't Feige say it would be at least five years? 

It's not like Marvel is hurting for scheduled content as it is. They still have to get Dr. Doom introduced too.

Assuming they intend to finish out all the currently going characters with trilogies and not counting new characters, characters that have basically confirmed movies, or eventual Avengers team ups, at 3 movies per year starting in 2020 there are enough movies remaining to last until the end of 2022.

Now we already know that we are getting Eternals and Black WIdow next year, and Shang-chi appears to be coming in 2021, throw in an Avengers movie probably in 2023 and we've got enough movies to last until the end of 2024. Of course that's not including the potential of Nova and F4 in future movies but honestly the MCU could hold off on another X-men movie for a decade and they'd still be running along well enough (Namor and future Thor movies are also on the table or so i've heard but that's basically hearsay).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I think they should wait 7 years or so. Unlike Homecoming, I'd argue the taste of DP and Apocalyspe are too fresh in audiences mind and they should wait due to franchise fatigue.

What if they change the whole concept of the X-Men origine and make them the result of the snap side effects. This will only require 5 years and the snap supposidly happened in 2023. And you introduce them into the MCU easily. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, John Marston said:

if Disney hadn't bought Fox I wonder what they would have done after the bombage that happened this weekend since the movie would have been the same. 

So, how much of the movie feels like it's been changed due to apparently what they originally had was too similar to Cap Marvel?

Also, how much does it feel it's been changed from a 2-parter?

1 minute ago, 2kt09 said:

So, how much of the movie feels like it's been changed due to apparently what they originally had was too similar to Cap Marvel?

Also, how much does it feel it's been changed from a 2-parter?

Funny enough the supposed reshot action scenes in the film was the best parts of the film. It does end very abruptly.

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't posted and haven't been participating in the summer games. I'm still dealing with the death of a very close loved one and am dealing with other personal things right now. Following this forum and r/boxoffice keep me going and exciting! Thank you to the mods for such a vibrant and beautiful community. We fight, we argue and some of us troll, but we are all well-intentioned and only want to discuss our passions. I will get back to posting once I feel better. Keep being great guys :)

Love,

raegr ❤️

Edited by rerga
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, John Marston said:

if Disney hadn't bought Fox I wonder what they would have done after the bombage that happened this weekend since the movie would have been the same. 

They would reboot and put out another film within the next 5 years to keep the rights. Depending on how much sense they have, it would be rebooted without Kinberg attached.

Edited by Orestes

10 minutes ago, cannastop said:

2019's boxoffice is megafucked.

Disney to the rescue. 

Spidey (Disney wont be getting any of that SPECIFIC money themselves though) 

Toy Story 4

The Lion King

Frozen 2

Star Wars

Plus there's still It Chapter 2 and Hobbs and Shaw, too. 

Edited by LawrenceBrolivier