sfran43

Flop Weekend Thread: Top 5 Weekend Actuals - TSLOP2 $46.65M | Dark Phoenix $32.83M | Aladdin $24.68M | Godzilla KOTM $15.45M | Rocketman $13.82M

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Hobbs & Shaw could do it but I'm not completely counting on it.

That seems and looks like any other FF movie and they are declining. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

This wont be well liked by some on here..

but spending 20 bucks to watch a film like Infinity War and Endgame seems worth it as its such an epic sweeping blockbuster film.

Paying the same price to watch a comedy that you can see on netflix or on the IPTV box anyways seems really not worth it to me.

Each their own though. 

Of course we don't like to read stuff like that, but yeah, it's a sad reality.

They've stopped making comedies cinematic. And since studios have become more obsessed with maximizing their international box office take, they've stopped spending more money on movies that won't make much bank overseas.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

This wont be well liked by some on here..

but spending 20 bucks to watch a film like Infinity War and Endgame seems worth it as its such an epic sweeping blockbuster film.

Paying the same price to watch a comedy that you can see on netflix or on the IPTV box anyways seems really not worth it to me.

Each their own though. 

Yeh... unless, you know, you just really like films and cinema lol 

I’m guessing most people here love going to the cinema and love films? 

Otherwise being on here is like only following football leagues but never actually watching a game 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, tawasal said:

That seems and looks like any other FF movie and they are declining. 

Not to mention, sans Vin Diesel, it feels likely to take the hit. Most fans don't want to take sides in the whole Vin vs. Rock feud. They want them to work their shit out because they want everyone together.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not saying that this summer is pretty fucking wretched, but Shaft probably should not be like one of my top three most anticipated of the rest of the summer, right? Because I'm looking at that schedule and it might be?

• Astonished 1

14 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

eh that is an exception...

Far From Home is only doing a billion being tied to the MCU really. 

that's partially it cus the MCU brand is on an all-time high at the moment but the Spider-Man brand is still formidable. Look at how much Venom made last year having 0 connections to the MCU.

11 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Among regular films in release, Disney’s Aladdin won Thursday ($4.7M) 

From Deadline

This is the only spotlight of this weekend and Rocketman too. 

4 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I'm not saying that this summer is pretty fucking wretched, but Shaft probably should not be like one of my top three most anticipated of the rest of the summer, right? Because I'm looking at that schedule and it might be?

I'm probably not gonna see any movie in cinemas between Endgame and OUATIH, outside of (regrettably) Brightburn. Terrible looking summer

4 minutes ago, xiazhi said:

Doesn't part of spidey's income go to Disney?

I believe they get that from having Spidey appear in other MCU films while Sony reaps the profits from the main Spidey films. it's a mutualistic relationship.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

DynkdbyU8AEb1Qy.jpg

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, tawasal said:

Lower ticket prices and people might also show up. 

Bingo - especially for family oriented movies where kids can't have movie memberships...

There needs to be tiered pricing, but not tiers where prices go up, but where prices are just reduced for certain openers...

• Thanks 1

I think Doctor Sleep has good hit potential (135m or so DOM) if they straight out advertise it as a sequel to the Shining and it is as good as rumored. Downton Abbey is going to make some real money despite some chuckles here. If Gemini Man is good it can be a hit - Aladdin is proof (along with, like, Bright and Suicide Squad) that Will Smith can still bring the crowds, despite people acting like he died. From reading the book, Woman in the Window has some real breakout potential if reviews are good - could be a lot of elevated schlock fun ala Girl on Train/Gone Girl. I can definitely see a way that Good Day in the Neighborhood and Last Christmas breakout but I need to see more and I think it's more likely that they disappoint a bit. Once Upon a Time and Anabelle might disappoint expectations but should do well. And It and Joker seem like obvious hit potential. Jumanji gonna fall but even half of the original is 200m. Otherwise.....yea, fucking eek in terms of non-Disney box office. 

• Like 3