That One Girl

Toy Story 4 Weekend Thread | Estimates: Small Soldiers 118, Puppet Master 14.1, Prince of Persia 12.2 (-30%), Blues Brothers 2000 10.8 (-64%), Beverly Hills Chihuahua: The Squeakquel 10.3 (-58%)

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

To be honest, I never got the notion of TS4 flying over $1B, imho it’d need Dory numbers domestic which is something I never thought was happening.

There goes Disney's supposed to be 6th billionaire this year. They might have to be contented with 5. Unless Aladdin surprises and makes it.

Here is Incredibles 2's weekend breakdown on Pulse:

Thu 64,591 ($18.5m previews)

Fri 105,877 ($52.8m)

Sat 85.971  ($58.9m)

Sun 76,605 ($52.5m)

And Toy Story 4's:

Thu 39,099 ($12m previews)

Fri 69,352 ($35.4m)

Sat

Sun

Currently TS4 has 45,593 for Saturday. I am projecting ~61,000 by the end of today. That would translate to $41.7m (+18% from true Friday) for Saturday.

• Like 1

If people feel the same way about TS4 as I do then I can see why this is“underperforming”.Personally,I love the Toy Story movies to death but I feel like this one was completely and utterly unnecessary.TS3 had a perfect ending.And I hate that studios these days won’t let anything die in piece.Nothing really ends these days and the audiences are left with no closure to the stories.I don’t need another Toy Story.I don’t need another Halloween.Top Gun?Another Star Wars trilogy?Just let them end for fuck’s sake...

Thank god for Nolan...he doesn’t seem eager to put another TDK out there...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, superduperm said:

I was the one who said "elite blacks." I apologize deeply if I offended anyone.

I kind of use the term "elite" pretty loosely to mean "very good." Was referring to women I found extremely attractive. My mistake. :(

Ok, good to hear you didn't mean anything bad with it☺. When I read it sounded kind of dehumanizing, like you would say "elite horses" or something or implying some black people who aren't "elite" are somehow subpar, but since english isn't isn't my native language I may misinterpret things. It's all good.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I don't think you're allowed to say racist things without backlash.

Oh of course. The argument is just silly and this person is seeking attention. He was stating his preferences and if you or others deem that racist, then go for it. I certainly don’t think he should be getting the amount of oxygen that he got for his statements, especially when he compared his preference to pedophilia. Clearly, there are attractive people of all races. The fact that he only views white people as attractive is his loss. We aren’t going to change his mind by debating his preferences. I think he should just be ignored, as I think most racist should be unless they have the power and/or will to hurt people. I have said more on the topic than I wanted. I will conclude by stating that any one who can’t see that Idris Elba, Denzel Washington, Boris Kodjoe, Jesse Williams, etc as attractive is crazy. There are just so many black, white, brown, Asian, Indian, etc famous people to name. Again, the argument is just silly. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Good for BoxofficePro for not bending around the bush and admitting Ts4 is  an underperformer

https://www.boxofficepro.com/weekend-estimates-toy-story-4-childs-play-anna/

Very good article from BOP and great that they acknowledged the fact that forecasts can only be so reliable in the face of human behavior.

People are getting tired of sequels that don't seem to add anything. And that's the caveat-ADD ANYTHING. If TS3 were released this summer, it would have certainly made MUCH more than TS4 is going to make. Even 2nd chapters that don't appear to add anything interesting will suffer (I'm talking to YOU SLOP2). This is why Frozen 2 looks so attractive. You can tell they are really upping the ante and going all Empire Strikes Back with it.

This notion that they bring up may be a factor that prevents Jumanji3 from doing more than 50% or 60% of what WTTJ made. And J3 may end up being to WTTJ what SLOP2 is to SLOP1. But we don't know because there's STILL no marketing whatsoever.

The interesting thing will be TROS. That movie has to be made but without a sense of urgency or intrigue (other than Palpatine's laugh), the marketing will have to be really really point on and effective.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

I don’t need another Toy Story.I don’t need another Halloween.Top Gun?Another Star Wars trilogy?Just let them end for fuck’s sake...

Thank god for Nolan...he doesn’t seem eager to put another TDK out there...

People accept a trilogy, because they existed since the beginning of arts, but making a fourth one is really pushing it and comes off like a cash grab.

Also making a sequel decades after the original one rarely works. The culture changes

6 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Very good article from BOP and great that they acknowledged the fact that forecasts can only be so reliable in the face of human behavior.

People are getting tired of sequels that don't seem to add anything. And that's the caveat-ADD ANYTHING. If TS3 were released this summer, it would have certainly made MUCH more than TS4 is going to make. Even 2nd chapters that don't appear to add anything interesting will suffer (I'm talking to YOU SLOP2). This is why Frozen 2 looks so attractive. You can tell they are really upping the ante and going all Empire Strikes Back with it.

This notion that they bring up may be a factor that prevents Jumanji3 from doing more than 50% or 60% of what WTTJ made. And J3 may end up being to WTTJ what SLOP2 is to SLOP1. But we don't know because there's STILL no marketing whatsoever.

The interesting thing will be TROS. That movie has to be made but without a sense of urgency or intrigue (other than Palpatine's laugh), the marketing will have to be really really point on and effective.

There’s something to the sentiment that some are thinking “why?” about TS4’s existence. Just let WOM do it’s thing. I still think it’ll end up with close to a final domestic total where it would have landed had it opened $50 million larger. 

The movie is just too damn good to only have a 3x multiplier off a $125 million weekend. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wildphantom said:

There’s something to the sentiment that some are thinking “why?” about TS4’s existence. Just let WOM do it’s thing. I still think it’ll end up with close to a final domestic total where it would have landed had it opened $50 million larger. 

The movie is just too damn good to only have a 3x multiplier off a $125 million weekend. 

It will probably have a 3.4x like Incredibles 2

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

Gabrielle Union

Halle Berry

Meagan Good

Sanaa Lathan

Nathalie Emmanuel

Zoe Saldana

Kerry Washington

Beyonce

More I am forgetting sure but those come quick to mind.

Hope a movie with Meagan Good, Amber Heard and Gal Gadot comes out. So we can find out who’s the most wooden actress out there and as a bonus that movie would have the ultimate eye candy combo.

Something about TS4 just doesn’t feel theatrically urgent at all. I am both certain I’ll see it eventually but absolutely chill with not doing so in its first month of release, which wasn’t the case at all for this year’s other 100+ openers.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Avatree said:

Zoe saldana is a good example because I think she is smoking hot in guardians of the galaxy but i get nothing when shes not painted green.

What the actual fuck 

Everyone has preferences of ethnicities they're attracted to for the record, but this post would be a perfect example of turning it into a full blown racist thing. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

Eh, No? 

I have been screaming E-X-C-H-A-N-G-E-S.  R-A-T-E-S to anybody that would listen about this movie yet I can see people being shocked when this thing ends below Coco OS 

This is partially why the aggressive focus on worldwide numbers is to some degree misplaced, because not only are studios getting a much smaller percentage of those numbers in return than the domestic ones, but the exchange rates make the stability of those numbers... literally what the numbers ACTUALLY mean... variable. 100 million overseas in 2008 isn't the same as 100 million in 2015.... that's not just inflation at work, that's a fluctuation always in progress. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I don't know how it's supposed to get to 120-125 OW with that OD, but I really hope it does. 

41.7 (+18%)

31 (-25%)

= 120.1

The guys at the tracking thread see a 41-43 Sat. So it could open with that figure.

Edited by UserHN

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

But why such a big Sat increase? Pixar has notoriously frontloaded OWs as it is and this is a third sequel. 

You can visit the tracking thread. They see a good Sat increase. They predict 41-43 based on Pulse tracking.