TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

2 hours ago, WandaLegion said:

This is pretty much what I expect as well.    

Multiple trades confirmed Pratt being in the movie, so it’s more than just rumors at this point.

Yes, Pratt is confirmed...but I'm not sure about all the rest, that's all I was saying... 

It's the MCU.  Wouldn't be surprised to see some whackadoodle universe-stream jump where the two Chris's just end up together for a bit... like the Hulk pairing... the whole MCU will be moving into the multiverse more, we know...  I'm even wondering if Bale's character, whoever he's playing, is someone from another 'verse.  ...Perhaps the guy that controls all that... 

Edited by Macleod

52 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Moves to May 6, 2022.

Smart. The previous schedule was too cramped for the expected scale of these movies. Moving this to May, BP2 to July and CM2 to November gives some breathing room. 

DS2 and Thor4 are still pretty close though. 

I hope they start with 5 movies a year in 2023 or 2022. Otherwise it just won’t be possible to have a decent sequel pace with how many concurrently running sub franchises there are (especially now that this proves they can go past 3 each, not that they all will).

Edited by WandaLegion

1 minute ago, WandaLegion said:

I hope they start with 5 movies a year in 2023 or 2022. Otherwise it just won’t be possible to have a decent sequel place with how many concurrently running sub franchises there are (especially now that this proves they can go past 3 each, not that they all will).

Four already feels like overkill.

6 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

I hope they start with 5 movies a year in 2023 or 2022. Otherwise it just won’t be possible to have a decent sequel pace with how many concurrently running sub franchises there are (especially now that this proves they can go past 3 each, not that they all will).

Won't be 2022. 

By 2024 I imagine it will be at 5, or they may stick with 4 and a lot of the sequels will be D+ series, further blurring the lines between movies and D+ and keeping D+ content as "must watch".  

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Nah not at all, especially with Disney canabilizing Fox which was doing 2-3 a year themselves. There will actually be less over Marvel movies, just more for the MCU. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Remains to be seen if GA will share your opinion, but history makes me pretty skeptical. I think 6 is probably the max. It’s harder to fit the 6th in a year where you’ve got Avatar/SW camped out on an Xmas date, but depending on grosses in the next few years they could be movable.

Just now, VenomXXR said:

Won't be 2022. 

I don’t think so either realistically, but it would be nice if we could get one of Blade, FF, AM3, or DP3 snuck in to joint the current 4. Or maybe even the Olivia Wilde Spider-man project, if that’s MCU? Still far enough away for the schedule to jiggle a little.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">ICYDK Pratt is in <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ThorLoveAndThunder?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ThorLoveAndThunder</a> <a href="https://t.co/PfnfdJsQMa">pic.twitter.com/PfnfdJsQMa</a></p>&mdash; charlie. 🚜 (@meJat32) <a href="https://twitter.com/meJat32/status/1344899415383834624?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 1, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Is it common knowledge that Pratt and probably other Guardians will be in this?

Because.

Pratt in some video call slipped it to Tom. And also he commented this other day.

image.png

They haven't officially announced it yet but it's almost certain they'll feature in some way as connective tissue to Endgame. I'm sure they'll feature however briefly in the marketing.