TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

6 hours ago, Chicago said:

He's probably dating her because she's sexy as hell

that is the point. you can't date a sexy as hell star if you are a nobody (no access to those circles). but once you become a somebody you start moving in those circles and the rest is history. It's no rocket science. :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

that is the point. you can't date a sexy as hell star if you are a nobody (no access to those circles). but once you become a somebody you start moving in those circles and the rest is history. It's no rocket science. :lol:

That's like anything though, alot of people meet their partners through work. The Olympics was the best one, not that long back they had a shortage of condoms as everyone was going at it back at the camps. 

1 hour ago, Chicago said:

That's like anything though, alot of people meet their partners through work. The Olympics was the best one, not that long back they had a shortage of condoms as everyone was going at it back at the camps. 

Exactly. You meet your partner at work. First it was a starter wife who was also a writer but not the star level. Then when he became a star, he started meeting stars at work. basically, Hollywood version of workplace hook ups and break ups. 

26 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I guess this is officially a thread about Taika Waititi’s love life.

Taika: Love and Thunder :stirthepot:

I know there's gonna be some "wokeness" in this movie, the question is, how much. Thats what's concerning me right now. If Natalie is "Thor" for a portion of the movie, I'm okay with that. If Hemsworth/Thor is "taken out" of much of the movie (or made to look incompetent), and Natlalie is actually the hero, and conqueror of the villain, we're gonna have a problem with that 🙂

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 9

7 hours ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

I know there's gonna be some "wokeness" in this movie, the question is, how much. Thats what's concerning me right now. If Natalie is "Thor" for a portion of the movie, I'm okay with that. If Hemsworth/Thor is "taken out" of much of the movie (or made to look incompetent), and Natlalie is actually the hero, and conqueror of the villain, we're gonna have a problem with that 🙂

Well Hemsworth was made to look pretty incompetent in Endgame to good effect. Saying that, I doubt we will have another 'Pepper Pots' saves the day again moment after the reaction last time.

Natalie Portman needed and deserved a larger role in this as 1. She's great and 2. She didn't want to waste her time just playing the same boring love interest role for yet another movie when all these other oscar winners are having a blast with their characters. She wouln't have come back unless there was a good role for her this time

15 hours ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

TBH if this DOESN'T happen I'm gonna have a problem with that!!!  I don't want him in the movie more than 2 minutes.  This is about Jane and Val ONLY!!!!!

• Haha 2
  • Knock It Off 2

16 minutes ago, Menor said:

I'd rather have a Thor movie be about the character who was centred in the previous Thor movies. If they want to make it just about Jane/Valkyrie it could have been called "Lady Thunder" or whatever. 

Captain America 4 isn’t going to be about the character that was centered in the previous Captain America movies, tbf.   

Though I think this will definitely center on Hemsworth. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Captain America 4 isn’t going to be about the character that was centered in the previous Captain America movies, tbf.   

Though I think this will definitely center on Hemsworth. 

That's different as it was already established since Endgame and further so in FATWS. But Endgame promised future journeys for Thor, not passing the torch of his series. Not to mention the name vs title issue, but that has been beaten to death in this thread already.  

• Like 3