sfran43

Weekend Thread: Top 5 Actuals- The Lion King $76.62M | OUATIH $41.08M | SM: FFH $12.45M | TS3 $10.45M | CRAWL $4.06M

4 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

It's no different than what people say about Disney films. Plus I believe some of it was in jest.

How ever said that no one really liked some acclaimed Disney film but were lying (to themselve or to others) that they liked it to sound cool or what not ?

2 minutes ago, Barnack said:

How ever said that no one really liked some acclaimed Disney film but were lying (to themselve or to others) that they liked it to sound cool or what not ?

No different in terms of tone not the exact phrasing. Cinema is dying etc

54 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

All this talk makes me wonder how I would really feel about Titanic now. It's been 16 years at least since I have seen it. I was 18 last time I saw it. Hmm

You'd still love it...just like you'd still love Captain America, Winter Soldier...which I'm watching with commercial breaks right now...man, that Fury car chase scene...phew!:)

23 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Unfortunately my wife's profession isn't established well there (physician assistant pay is 70% less). We moved to Tacoma since it pays as much as Seattle. So save enough and retire and move to Europe. Germany or Italy I think. 

Sounds like a plan.

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

You'd still love it...just like you'd still love Captain America, Winter Soldier...which I'm watching with commercial breaks right now...man, that Fury car chase scene...phew!:)

Well I didn't love it at first (liked it) but perhaps I would appreciate it more now. Never saw it in theaters (released when I was 12). Was hoping for a special screening somewhere in Seattle. Can't find one :(

21 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Is this the right thread?

Was in response to the comment about things being so more expensive in NA:

Don't blame you. We get gouged on a lot of things in North America, Canada especially. Flights (especially domestic!), internet/cable, cell plans etc. Grand larceny. Europe is so much better in every way.

Just now, Barnack said:

Was in response to the comment about things being so more expensive in NA:

Don't blame you. We get gouged on a lot of things in North America, Canada especially. Flights (especially domestic!), internet/cable, cell plans etc. Grand larceny. Europe is so much better in every way.

Oh yeah.

There are plenty of things that consumers pay more for in Europe lol.

ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD (2019) B

Even if it's a true indication of mixed wom OUTAH doesn't need good legs to reach 100. A little under 2.5x needed with 41-42 ow and a potential studio push if the movie's getting close to the milestone.

11 minutes ago, Avatree said:

America has quite low taxes compared to western Europe.

Indeed they do. Healthcare costs are brutal though, thankfully my wife's employer and mine pay 90% of the cost. Annual premiums are over 25k.

Hard to compare. When I retire it will be easy to get carless, cheap healthcare etc.

Another weird thing dear God groceries are a rip-off in the USA. I lived in the 2nd most expensive city in the UK (Cambridge) and my groceries were at least 40% less than USA even factoring in lack of Costco.

Edited by cdsacken

13 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Indeed they do. Healthcare costs are brutal though, thankfully my wife's employer and mine pay 90% of the cost. Annual premiums are over 25k.

Hard to compare. When I retire it will be easy to get carless, cheap healthcare etc.

Another weird thing dear God groceries are a rip-off in the USA. I lived in the 2nd most expensive city in the UK (Cambridge) and my groceries were at least 40% less than USA even factoring in lack of Costco.

that's interesting. I also live in Cambridge, i agree it's quite fucking expensive! :lol:

groceries are not too bad especially now with the German discount supermarkets which have invaded the country and dragged down all other supermarket pricing.

Edited by Avatree

35 minutes ago, Avatree said:

America has quite low taxes compared to western Europe.

Well yes. There's no universal health care.

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Well yes. There's no universal health care.

I don't know how much the average American pays for their healthcare (I've read it is more than other countries tax contributions to health care) but it seems like you guys have quite a few taxes at significantly lower rates. For example you have tax on products which varies from state but about 5% i believe? Here everything is 20% and much of Europe has 20-25%

• ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 2

4 hours ago, baumer said:

I honestly don't think anyone really liked US.  Those who say they did are lying to themselves. They'll watch it again in two years and be horrified at what they are seeing.  It's truly one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen.

I'm a little lost and trying to figure out where this came from and how it relates to Regal's acquisition of Warren theaters in Oklahoma 😄

1 hour ago, a2k said:

For more than a few seconds I honestly thought this thread was going political/Trump reading about US and Get Out.

Let’s not ruin BOT by infusing anything about that dumbass man. 

I agree with those who loved US. I liked it more than Get Out. I realize this is a minority opinion, but Get Out was way overrated to me. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Avatree said:

that's interesting. I also live in Cambridge, i agree it's quite fucking expensive! :lol:

groceries are not too bad especially now with the German discount supermarkets which have invaded the country and dragged down all other supermarket pricing.

!! Really? I lived near Grafton (saint matthews). Expensive versus other uk places but I lived right next to ASDA.

Tacoma meat/cheese is way higher, produce is 50% higher. Wine is more. Snacks are slightly less. 

9 minutes ago, Avatree said:

I don't know how much the average American pays for their healthcare (I've read it is more than other countries tax contributions to health care) but it seems like you guys have quite a few taxes at significantly lower rates. For example you have tax on products which varies from state but about 5% i believe? Here everything is 20% and much of Europe has 20-25%

Going out to eat in Tacoma is literally more than Cambridge (which was pricey). 10.4% sales tax and tip is expected. At least there VAT is included. This breakfast diner my daughter likes is $40 for 2 adults and 1 child with no drinks. For breakfast!

5 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

!! Really? I lived near Grafton (saint matthews). Expensive versus other uk places but I lived right next to ASDA.

Tacoma meat/cheese is way higher, produce is 50% higher. Wine is more. Snacks are slightly less. 

St matthews is road between Court and the blue moon right? assuming these were there when you lived there... 😛

Good pub, great range of beers. My friends band plays there a lot. they have a very drinkable sweet Mango cider at the moment.

Edited by Avatree