Eric the Fall Guy

JOKER WEEKEND THREAD | 96M DOM, 151 OS, 247M WW (October Record all around) | ***NO SPOILERS*** | SALE LIVE: Monthly Premium Account 50% off, Monthly Gold Account $5 Off

Update by Deadline:

https://deadline.com/2019/10/joker-box-office-opening-weekend-1202752002/

Joker is headed toward an October Thursday night preview record of $10M-$12M, which would upset the $10M made by Venom a year ago. 

PostTrak exits show 4 stars out of 5, with an 84% positive and 62% definite recommend which is very good. The under 25 set enjoy Joker better than the over 25 set, 95% to 79% in grade, yet it’s the latter who were the majority with a 67% turnout. Demo breakdown from top to bottom included M25+ (47%), F25+ (21%), M25- (21%), and F25- (11%). Hopefully more of the under 25ers spread the word and show up. Out of the four, men under 25 loved it the most at 98% followed by females under 25 at 89%. Diversity breakdown at this point in time is Caucasians 48% (85% grade), Hispanic 21% (92% grade), African American 16% (75% grade) and Asian 12% (83% grade).

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cannastop said:

GAbPUAQ.png

Nice.

😎

Damn, top critics are roasting this thing. Still think it will be able to keep the certified fresh title tho. Like I've said, the update of RT reviews are staggered, so unless a great batch of negative reviews come, it will be able to fluctuate around 70-75%.

11 previews, 85-90 ow looks on target.

mojo had 85, pro.BO 90, BOR 87 and the-numbers 86

WB said 70-80 and studios nearly always low-ball.

Edited by a2k

20 minutes ago, Zatt was right said:

Damn, top critics are roasting this thing. Still think it will be able to keep the certified fresh title tho. Like I've said, the update of RT reviews are staggered, so unless a great batch of negative reviews come, it will be able to fluctuate around 70-75%.

Once it drops below 70% it supposed to lose it's CF.   It's not supposed to get it back until it hits 75% again.   Though it's kept it at 69% so ... whatever.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Menor said:

62 definite recommend... It's not necessarily disastrous but worse than I was hoping for.

I'm not too surprised it's low. I liked the movie but it's way too depressing and nihilistic to recommend to anyone. Also the insights on mental illness could be triggering for some people.

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Once it drops below 70% it supposed to lose it's CF.   It's not supposed to get it back until it hits 75% again.   Though it's kept it at 69% so ... whatever.

I'm not saying it won't lose it. It's a possibility and I'd argue it's 50/50 right now. But maybe RT knows something that we don't about the upcoming reviews that will be added. It seems that regular critics are the ones keeping the score higher, no idea what's the current top critics score atm.

2 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

I'm not too surprised it's low. I liked the movie but it's way too depressing and nihilistic to recommend to anyone. Also the insights on mental illness could be triggering for some people.

That was my worry for final numbers. Super depressing films don't scream watch me again.