Eric the Fall Guy

JOKER WEEKEND THREAD | 96M DOM, 151 OS, 247M WW (October Record all around) | ***NO SPOILERS*** | SALE LIVE: Monthly Premium Account 50% off, Monthly Gold Account $5 Off

Early WOM in Brazil looks excelent  4.7/5 average with almost 1k votes so far on the largest social movie site in Brazil (Filmow).

For comparison Wonder Woman has 4.1/5, Aquaman 3.8/5 and Shazam 3.7/5 here.

Others R rated movies > Deadpool 4/0 , Deadpool 2 3.8/5 and Logan 4.3/5.

Edited by Marcos12
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Well, I compared with Venom and Halloween and it is pretty strong compared to them. It is behind IT 2 but IT2 slowed in evening so that is that.

Still expecting $24mn True Friday conservatively.

Well It2 died in evening. 

6 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Well, I compared with Venom and Halloween and it is pretty strong compared to them. It is behind IT 2 but IT2 slowed in evening so that is that.

Still expecting $24mn True Friday conservatively.

that would put full OD at 37.3M which is close to Wonder Woman's 38.2M but it's already more front-loaded internally so I can't imagine similar Sat & Sun holds. probably more like low 90s rather than a 100M+ weekend.

12 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Venom's WW gross really was ludicrous, wasn't it? Comic book movies' BO performance are usually at least slightly correlated to quality, but not that time. 

Joker seems to be overperforming overseas so Joker WW can probably match Venom WW-China (which is like 587M, and Joker doesn't even a China release as far as i know).

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Anyone who saw the movie, please answer this question: is Joaquin happening as the Best Actor? 

Nah, movie's gonna be too divisive for him to win. Probably De Niro's to lose? Or Driver's? A De Niro win would be cooler.

9 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

that would put full OD at 37.3M which is close to Wonder Woman's 38.2M but it's already more front-loaded internally so I can't imagine similar Sat & Sun holds. probably more like low 90s rather than a 100M+ weekend.

$90’s would be a record for October, beat WB’s expectations and even high end of industry tracking all at the same time. 

Excellent start. 

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Nah, movie's gonna be too divisive for him to win. Probably De Niro's to lose? Or Driver's? A De Niro win would be cooler.

Watch it be Jonathan Pryce cause Anthony McCarten and his stronghold on the Best Actor category.