sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Estimates - Jokah 55, Addams 30.3, Gemini 20.5, Abominable 6.2, Downton 4.9 | Parasite generates 125.4K PTA (highest since La La Land)

16 would be more 53-56 weekend in my estimation. That would actually be ideal for my survivor while still being a crazy 2nd weekend for it.   

I'd be interested in a rough take on Abominable's Fri, if it's convenient.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Anyone know what midweek Joker international numbers were. Where is it sitting as of today and what should we expect for WW total by Sunday?

$350m worldwide by Wednesday, so at least half a billie by Sunday?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Anyone know what midweek Joker international numbers were. Where is it sitting as of today and what should we expect for WW total by Sunday?

From screendaily it's already 222 million OS, so 70 million.

With UK, Mexico, Spain, Italy, and nearly every Europe country overperform. At least 100 million OS weekend. If Asia and S.America deliver maybe 110.

So 289 + 57 + 100 + 70 = 516+ million I guess

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, boxofficeth said:

So happy for Parasite! Love the film. With slow expansion, it could easily be the highest grossing Korean film in the US.

Unless I missed something all it needs to do for that is outgross Spring Summer Fall Winter and Spring's 2.380m. The Host and The Handmaiden are the only other ones to make 2m. Really hammers home what woeful luck SK films have had with American distribution. 

5 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I don't get why they are removing theaters to Joker when it is being a success and the rest is a flop.

Anyways, hopefully The Lighthouse eat Parasite ass. People Keep underestimating this movie and i suddenly have a good feeling

Why can't both succeed and co-exist peacefully

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I don't get why they are removing theaters to Joker when it is being a success and the rest is a flop.

PLFs can be on separate contracts from normal screens, IMAX in particular. Flop or not doesn't really have much to do with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

It definetly slowed down in matinees, that is I guess due to high PS and more like evening film. Still lol Deadline, it will most likely cross 13mn in just real time reported theatres. I am expecting 16mn . Easy 57 range weekend.

Why do you "lol" at Deadline, when you yourself gave an early range of 19-22 Mln? 

12 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Anyways, hopefully The Lighthouse eat Parasite ass. People Keep underestimating this movie and i suddenly have a good feeling

Isn't Lighthouse out next weekend? Either way, it and Parasite are probably my two most anticipated left this year other than Knives Out. Gotta catch Miike's First Love too. 

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Isn't Lighthouse out next weekend? Either way, it and Parasite are probably my two most anticipated left this year other than Knives Out. Gotta catch Miike's First Love too. 

Yes, i'm nervous Lol

Edited by Lighthouse

25 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Its Lucky it gets to keep them for week.