sfran43

Weekend Thread: Estimates - Midway 17.5, Sleep 14.1, Fire 12.8, Xmas 11.6, Terminatah 10.8, Jokah 9.2, Mal2 8

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I know Jumanji, I know Star Wars, but is the third one:

Not sure if it is a serious question. Chalamet needs to bring some of his social media fans to theaters if he wants to compete with

screen-shot-2019-07-18-at-42734-pm-2-156

Edited by MrGlass2

5 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

How can Last Christmas lasts that long til christmas season in theater with that preview number?

It won’t. In the next couple weekends there are a lot of movies coming out plus Frozen and with it being so low to start it’s going to be one of the films that either loses screens or loses theaters altogether. It most likely won’t benefit from late holiday legs UNLESS it pulls a decent IM this weekend and gets to the high teens. 

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

Last Xmas was dumped. Everyone here knew Novemeber was wrong month for an Xmas movie. 

Christmas movies are released in November all the time. Depending on if it reaches a mid-teens opening, Last Christmas seems like it's gonna make in the $50-60M range, which is pretty much the standard for non-family-oriented Christmas movies anyway.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Since weekend is dull anyways, going off topic.

Watched The Lion King Honest Trailer, man English version was horrible and makes sense how film massively underperformed missing a rather easy $2 Billion.

In contrast, the Hindi version, I watched film in was quite fun. That doesn't happen regularly. 

Disney missed Aladdin to marketing & The Lion King sucked overall. Two massive underperformers.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

18 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Christmas movies are released in November all the time. Depending on if it reaches a mid-teens opening, Last Christmas seems like it's gonna make in the $50-60M range, which is pretty much the standard for non-family-oriented Christmas movies anyway.

Ah, OK. 

I only saw marketing for Dr. Sleep at the actual theater. I feel like they really didn't break through with the general audience at all. 

Last Christmas just seems like a downer, which is the last thing people are looking for in a November Christmas movie. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, respmw said:

Playing With Fire numbers yet to be released. If anything I want these out so I can, at the very least, also laugh at other movie’s disgrace.

ah. Another hit for Paramount. they keep releasing them

14 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

Don't @ me with this did 1.6 something billion worldwide, I know that.

But I also know that how 2.2 Billion was easily in shot for it.

Yeah for Disney these films are cash cows, so the point is to maximize revenues.