sfran43

Weekend Thread: Estimates - Midway 17.5, Sleep 14.1, Fire 12.8, Xmas 11.6, Terminatah 10.8, Jokah 9.2, Mal2 8

With Terminator and Doctor Sleep both striking out I feel like a trilogy's about to be complete next with Charlie's Angels. A part of me thinks that could go as low as The Girl in the Spider's Web did last year but low-teens seems more likely.

1 hour ago, a2k said:

Wonder why DoctorSleep is under-performing. Hot genre, King's name, connection with Shining - should have done much better. 🙁

I honestly believe people don't really get that it's a sequel to The Shining.

Warner Bros have done a terrible job marketing this in the past couple months.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

With Terminator and Doctor Sleep both striking out I feel like a trilogy's about to be complete next with Charlie's Angels. A part of me thinks that could go as low as The Girl in the Spider's Web did last year but low-teens seems more likely.

It's unlikely but imagine if The Good Liar ended up outgrossing Charlie's Angel on OW.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I feel like a trilogy's about to be complete next with Charlie's Angels. A part of me thinks that could go as low as The Girl in the Spider's Web did last year but low-teens seems more likely.

KStewart about to hit the trifecta: Charlie's Angels, Underwater and Seberg  all flops

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Charlie's Angels is probably the first time in a while where the soundtrack arguably has more buzz and hype than the movie. And I don't think the soundtrack sold all that well in the first place.

5 minutes ago, Eric Torrance said:

Charlie's Angels is probably the first time in a while where the soundtrack arguably has more buzz and hype than the movie. And I don't think the soundtrack sold all that well in the first place.

From doing a Google search, it seems like it's the worst for a Grande album in terms of sales. 

4 minutes ago, Eric Torrance said:

the soundtrack was a big flop, but so was that Beyonce Lion King album so maybe it's not indicative of anything box office wise i guess. people just don't care about those type of soundtrack projects anymore. y'know when it's songs not in the movie but just related to the movie. black panther did well but it did have a couple of successful singles. that ariana/miley/lana song that lead this charlie's angels soundtrack was trash.

12 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

It's impressive and unexpected. After some difficult years DC is definitely back in the game.

To be clear this is ROI, not raw profit where Endgame is on top (but Joker #2!)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

To be clear this is ROI, not raw profit where Endgame is on top (but Joker #2!)

That's how I understood it. :)

Endgame and Joker are both in a league of their own, but a very impressive league in both cases.

• Like 1

Do you think James Gray will get to direct another movie? He flopped with Brad Pitt in the lead, ffs. As a matter of fact, all his movies are flops, yet he always gets another opportunity. Fool me once.....twice....

• Astonished 1

37 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

It's unlikely but imagine if The Good Liar ended up outgrossing Charlie's Angel on OW.

See, you say unlikely...I say very possible - the older demo is strong...and I've been seeing quite a bit of tv advertising on older skewing shows (like NCIS:)...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

Do you think James Gray will get to direct another movie? He flopped with Brad Pitt in the lead, ffs. As a matter of fact, all his movies are flops, yet he always gets another opportunity. Fool me once.....twice....

nothing on that level again obviously but he'll be fine.