TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

4 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

I'm waiting for the first positive review here. I still don't get what causes such strong hate reactions. Just because Phillips disrespected nerds? Jesus.

Don`t hold your breath

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, MOVIEGUY said:

This trailer is still absolutely great (as was the teaser for the first one). I really thought they had this in the bag when this dropped, kinda wild how much the tide has turned.

It's  the new Matrix resurrections for Warner. 

Huge trailer views and then mediocre for critics and even more hated by the audience of the saga 

1 minute ago, vale9001 said:

It's  the new Matrix resurrections for Warner. 

Huge trailer views and then mediocre for critics and even more hated by the audience of the saga 

Matrix Ressurections has a lot of shooters and will end up a cult film. This is liked by like no one

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MOVIEGUY said:

This trailer is still absolutely great (as was the teaser for the first one). I really thought they had this in the bag when this dropped, kinda wild how much the tide has turned.

The film is more in line with the trailer, so whoever cut the teaser trailer deserves all the praise!

Here's the thing about the trailers for this movie compared to the trailers for the first movie. The trailers for the first movie gave us a sense of what the movie was about, the sense of conflict at play as it were. The trailers for this movie look like it's mainly just Joker and Harley frolicking about Gotham and Arkham without any conflict.

Edited by Jay Beezy

12 minutes ago, Noctis said:

It's unbelievable how basically every review praises Gaga's screen presence and performance but criticize how badly her character is written.

Gaga was done DIRTY.

And some people still think that this film will kill her movie career.

The (likely) failure of this movie will only be blamed on Phoenix and ESPECIALLY Todd Phillips/WBD executives, not on Lady Gaga.

At least she got a big bag of money for it, although she seems like the kind of artist that cares more about the quality/creative fulfillment of a project and less about money.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TomThomas said:

How?

This is a film that needed to better explain why it is exists. Gaga was hardly used in the advertising as she is apparently hardly used in the film. This legit should have been a dark version of a star is born. The awareness levels for this film have also been terrible. 

1 hour ago, MOVIEGUY said:

We have been all fooled by this amazing trailer, it's fantastic, even the people not fan of the first were excited for this after the trailer release, it's really shocking how things ended up, because sure a trailer is not always indicative but lot of times a mid trailer can be already a signal of bad movie, but this one was perfect.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Opium said:

We have been all fooled by this amazing trailer, it's fantastic, even the people not fan of the first were excited for this after the trailer release, it's really shocking how things ended up, because sure a trailer is not always indicative but lot of times a mid trailer can be already a signal of bad movie, but this one was perfect.

Maybe Todd Phillips is just better at making Joker trailers than Joker movies lol. I thought the first Joker was fine, but the trailer is GREAT. I actually still watch it occasionally and it gives me goosebumps every time.

• Like 2