cax16

Kingdom of the Planet Of The Apes | May 10, 2024 | Wes Ball to develop and direct

Posted (edited)

Reactions do seem pretty sincerely positive so far but I can't help be wary about them coming straight out of a major studio premiere. Been burned too many times reading into them.

Edited by AniNate
  • Thanks 1

I'm sure these reactions are exaggerated but it should be at least good. 

I remember when the Rise of the Planet of the Apes announcement and first trailer dropped and pretty much everyone assumed it was a needless, cash grab flop in the making. It just seemed like a sure bust. What a massive turnaround for this franchise.

• Like 2

Love the great early reactions but yeah why is the review embargo being held till Wednesday. I hope this is not a control the narrative type thing where the easy lays are over hyping it.

Seen a few "takes a while to get going" reactions that do make me go "hmm". Still, enough enthusiasm in these early reactions I suppose? Maybe? I dunno, this part of the marketing run always causes stress.

17 minutes ago, Eric the Fall Guy said:

Seen a few "takes a while to get going" reactions that do make me go "hmm". Still, enough enthusiasm in these early reactions I suppose? Maybe? I dunno, this part of the marketing run always causes stress.

It's the longest Apes film iirc, 2.5 hours. I can def see reviews still being good but people saying it's overlong.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, emoviefan said:

Love the great early reactions but yeah why is the review embargo being held till Wednesday. I hope this is not a control the narrative type thing where the easy lays are over hyping it.

Unless it drops on the day of previews, lately it doesn´t mean much anymore. 

Plenty of very well received movies is ending embargos late since last year, maybe they´re trying to get some late boost in sales. 

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Saw enough reactions from people that don´t throw high praise for everything liking it, and seems like a good sign to me that people are talking honestly about some issues while still being very enthusiastic. Seems more real and relevant to me than usual ´´it´s the best movie ever´´ type of reaction we see sometimes.

Unless someone is expecting the same kind of universal acclaim that Reeves got, which i genuinely doubt it can get close, i don´t think reviews for this will disappoint. 

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 5

Seeing it very very early Tuesday and am naturally really looking forward to it as a major fan of the series. I was hesitant for a long while but everything that's come out over the years just seemed like the right decisions were being made, so these early reactions are nice to see too.

• Like 1

Reading the tea leaves, the post premiere social media seems like this might be a single, and definitely not a home run.  Too long in the 1st act, doesn't hit the ending/3rd act, etc...

No idea how RT critics flow these days, but I'd expect a GA-light/Fan-heavy turnout b/c reviews will be okay, but not enough to move the needle (say right around fresh)...but this has always been uber-fan-heavy since the 1st, so no change there...

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

5 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Unless it drops on the day of previews, lately it doesn´t mean much anymore. 

Plenty of very well received movies is ending embargos late since last year, maybe they´re trying to get some late boost in sales. 

Yeah true  and as the Fall Guy has just proved an early review embargo drop does not move the needle really at all.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Came late to the Apes remakes, always wanted to check them out but never got around to it, until a couple years ago, the 1st one was okay, nothing more but the two Reeves ones were great. Might check this one out in theaters...

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

(He's seen Kingdom and it's one of the 8 good ones)

I went through the original Apes films a few years ago during lockdown and it's true, Apes is a stupidly consistent franchise, I'm glad they've kept their streak up with Kingdom!

Edited by TheDude391
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, TheDude391 said:

(He's seen Kingdom and it's one of the 8 good ones)

I went through the original Apes films a few years ago during lockdown and it's true, Apes is a stupidly consistent franchise, I'm glad they've kept their streak up with Kingdom!

Yeah, it’s great, that’s why the review embargo is the day of release…

i predict: 38% on RT.

• ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, Avatree said:

Yeah, it’s great, that’s why the review embargo is the day of release…

i predict: 38% on RT.

Oh it's releasing on Wednesday morning?

Or are you just being like this on purpose 

• Haha 1