Eric Duncan

Weekend Thread: SW 26.2/25.3/21 72.5M | Jumanji 11.7/12.4/11 35.1M | Frozen 6/5.85/5.3 17.15M

34 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Ugh, so disgusted with Lucasfilm man. I really thought they'd deliver with TROS. 

Honestly, just ring in the new year already. As a box office fan I want to get the TROS run over and done with.

Me too.... trying to remember the last time the holiday season just felt "meh" and I think 2010 when Tron didnt hit the high expectations some had was the last time. 2011 wasnt great overall either for the season but this year just seems like a drag. 

• Like 1

Just now, narniadis said:

Me too.... trying to remember the last time the holiday season just felt "meh" and I think 2010 when Tron didnt hit the high expectations some had was the last time. 2011 wasnt great overall either for the season but this year just seems like a drag. 

Next Christmas is worse tbh. Hope a big movie post pones to date 

2 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Next Christmas is worse tbh. Hope a big movie post pones to date 

We shall see wont we :) an off year for big titles isnt always bad as last year showed. And honestly it can balance out but need something to hook people in. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ZackM said:

And I'm not convinced that under Rogue One is probable.  I'm seeing TROS about 65M behind TLJ on day 20 and then keeping pace with it, more or less, for the rest of the run.  TLJ cratered after New Years

Yeah, I am thinking it will fall between RO and RO adjusted most likely.

• Like 1

Anyways right now there is basically a 1% difference between the domestic and international cumes. As someone who didn't think the film was that great (and with reviews showing us a lot of other people didn't think it was that great either) I'm simply happy with it crossing a billion. And honestly I think that is all that should be expected of a film that was reviewed as poorly as this one was. I think this all would be a bigger deal if it was another 90% or higher film and it was still seeing numbers like this.

10 minutes ago, ZackM said:

And I'm not convinced that under Rogue One is probable.  I'm seeing TROS about 65M behind TLJ on day 20 and then keeping pace with it, more or less, for the rest of the run.  TLJ cratered after New Years

Yeah same here. I'm only seeing about three days or so where it will fall behind TLJ's pace and after that will stay even (it's 26m second Fri is still actually better than TLJ's second Friday).

We'll see though.

Wow, this weekend drop is terrible. There is no other way to put it. Despite being holidays this movie is not doing itself any favour. 

I think competition is very tough this time. 

Jumanji 3

Frozen 2

Little Women 

Spies in disguise 

Uncut Gems 

All are cutting into Star Wars. 

I didn't think that Rise would increase and make more than Jedi but most did. Now everyone is pretending that they totally predicted this all along. Funny that. Anyway I don't want to jump the gun and go into panic mode this weekend. I want to see the full weekend numbers.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

Bit busy.

11.25 J2

6 F2

5.5 LW

Good for J3 and F2. Meh for Star wars. 

I am really happy with F2 staying power. 

With so much competition in female demographic (LW) and family demographic (J3 and SID), F2 continues to perform good. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I didn't think that Rise would increase and make more than Jedi but most did. Now everyone is pretending that they totally predicted this all along. Funny that. Anyway I don't want to jump the gun and go into panic mode this weekend. I want to see the full weekend numbers.

There were those people but most of them were just people on the internet. Most of the people that I saw that look at the movie industry seriously (and not just from a fans perspective) thought that it was likely that there might be a bit of a drop. And honestly I don't think anybody was counting in it getting a 57% RT score. If people knew beforehand that it was going to be reviewed that badly I think many would be saying it wouldn't do as well as it is currently doing. 

F2 weekend 1, 3, 4 were disappointing. 2,5,6 have been nice. Seems it will replicate F1’s Christmas behavior better than I had hoped (though obviously not to 100%). If we get F3 at some point it would be really convenient if it released with an identical calendar like 1 and 2. Those years will be 2024 and 2030.

Spoiler

F3 2024, F4 2030, D+ shows in between :ph34r:

Edited by Arendelle Legion
  • Like 5