Eric is Anxious

92nd Academy Awards Discussion Thread | PARASITE WINS BITCHESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS #BONGHIVE

2 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

I didn't care much for Bohemian Rhapsody, but Malek has put out some incredible work over the years. Notably, King Tut in the Night at the Museum films. He stole those films out from under Robin Williams.

I saw one of those again on tv like a year ago or something, and I was like "holy shit, it's Mr Robot!"

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I didn't care for his BoRap performance but this isn't accurate. He was consistently excellent on Mr. Robot and really good in other movies. Hopefully No Time to Die and that Denzel movie will give him goodwill among a portion of moviedom again.

If his only great performance is him playing an anti-social introvert, then that's not saying much.

• Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I think you missed the sarcasm, unless you think his performance as King Tut is incredible.

Yeah I clearly just glanced over the post but my point stands. Rami Malek is a great actor, even if you didn't like his performance as Freddie Mercury. People also projected hate on Peter Farrely and Viggo last year after GB's win. It's so silly.

I mean, the usual suspects here who champion for women's empowerment and Me Too movement and all that jazz, I didn't hear a peep out of them for Hildur's win for best original score! Probably because they hate Joker.

It puts @Cap's super hate-on for ScarJo to shame! She's awesome by the way, Cap. Just admit it! :P

Edited by JB33

When The Academy gets best picture right we all win. Best Screen play and best director were very much deserved as well and Im glad the Academy got those picks rights too. Parasite was the best film released last year and it deserves all the awards it’s getting. 

• Thanks 1