charlie Jatinder

Name & Rate the Movies/TV You've Watched.

50 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

I’d have to do a rewatch (which I should do, tbh). Season 3 feels like it’d be at the bottom, though. 

I'd have to rewatch, too...but I felt like when they picked the ending date, it lifted the whole show again...don't remember if that was season 3 or 4, but it was lagging, and then got back...and I did love the ending, even though I know it was a touch divisive...

• Like 1

So, I've started watching Star-Girl - so many unintentionally funny parts, but that's DC tv productions for you. 

I've also started Jack Ryan Season 1 on Amazon.  I've never read Tom Clancy, so I'm going in cold, but while a little unrealistic, well, it's been pretty action packed and suspenseful so far in an arena where it should be nearly impossible to make it so (I mean, if the books spend 100s of pages on finance, man, whoever is making these shows must be a genius).  I'm hooked in to finish season 1, although it's probably gonna take me longer than it took me for Upload...but not too much:)...then, there's a season 2 if I'm really, really hooked!  That might take all of June:)...

31 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, I've started watching Star-Girl - so many unintentionally funny parts, but that's DC tv productions for you. 

I've also started Jack Ryan Season 1 on Amazon.  I've never read Tom Clancy, so I'm going in cold, but while a little unrealistic, well, it's been pretty action packed and suspenseful so far in an arena where it should be nearly impossible to make it so (I mean, if the books spend 100s of pages on finance, man, whoever is making these shows must be a genius).  I'm hooked in to finish season 1, although it's probably gonna take me longer than it took me for Upload...but not too much:)...then, there's a season 2 if I'm really, really hooked!  That might take all of June:)...

The series isn’t based on a specific book and the books are more noted for their technical detail on weapons, technology and tactics. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

I'd have to rewatch, too...but I felt like when they picked the ending date, it lifted the whole show again...don't remember if that was season 3 or 4, but it was lagging, and then got back...and I did love the ending, even though I know it was a touch divisive...

After season 3 was when the showrunners reached a deal with ABC for three more seasons.

1 hour ago, DAR said:

Going by memory

It’s close between 1 and 4 as my favorite.  Season 4 has the Constant which is one of the best episodes ever.  

Season 2 has that positively ingenious premiere, which might be enough to lift it out of last place all by itself. :lol: Also, from what I remember, many of the complaints were about the slow procession and side/backtrack to different characters, but for binge-ing that doesn’t seem as much of a problem.

• Like 3

Finale to lost was beautiful. I really don't understand the criticisms. All the questions didn't need to be answered and the ending didn't have to work logically when it worked so well emotionally. I don't have a complete understanding of what was happening in the ending but I was tearing up a lot (the whole episode is a tearjerker) and I guess I was pretty satisfied.

Spoiler

Advanced issue found

Michael should've made an appearence too though.

Also my ranking:

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Finale to lost was beautiful. I really don't understand the criticisms. All the questions didn't need to be answered and the ending didn't have to work logically when it worked so well emotionally. I don't have a complete understanding of what was happening in the ending but I was tearing up a lot (the whole episode is a tearjerker) and I guess I was pretty satisfied.

Reveal hidden contents

Also my ranking:

Well at the time it came out, it wasn’t binge-able. So all these theorists were running crazy with predictions, there was a subset of fans that expected mind-blowing answers, and so forth. Also, from

what I remember, some folks misinterpreted (IMO) the finale to mean “oh, they were dead all along” and got made because that’s what the showrunners had always said wouldn’t happen. 

I think watching it outside of all the fan madness probably helps. It’s wonky in terms of plot specifics but I agree they did a nice job wrapping up all the characters. And those moments when the Sideways versions of them all started to come together was wonderful. 

• Like 2

I also binged Lost few years ago (was obviously too young to watch it live) and had mixed feelings toward the final season, but the finale was good, the final shot with Michael still hits hard.

I could compare it to GoT (though I watched that live since the 5th season) in that the final season of Lost was meh but the final episode was good and that the final season of GoT was good but the finale was meh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Plain Old Tele said:

some folks misinterpreted (IMO) the finale to mean “oh, they were dead all along” 

Looking at retrospective reviews and discussions, a lot of people are referring to how this was a very popular interpretation of the ending. I thought the show makes it clear that everything that happened on the island was real so I'm not sure how that interpretation even became popular.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The funny thing about the Lost final episode in Australia is that it was aired at the same time as the rugby league State of Origin. The US equivalent would be airing it at the same time as the Super Bowl.