Eric Prime

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

21 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

New victim, Jeffrey Wright 

I feel sorry for him trying to have a conversation, everyone should just follows Pattinson at this point, no social media. 

Pretty much everyone from The Batman is being attacked this week.

It's past time for Zack Snyder to comment on the behavior of his disciples 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

No streaming date mentioned for The Batman in this ad, just a "Stream after theaters", everything else has a date attached

Tweet also saying "Stream after theaters", being coy about dates now that it's got legs and a good haul at the box office

• Like 1

On 3/30/2022 at 11:17 PM, filmlover said:

I'm still not sure what Zack Snyder has done to inspire a Michael Jackson-esque legion of militant stans, and I don't think I even want to know either.

I think part of it is that reactionary right wing breadtube nerds like Zack Snyder.  Some of those guys have millions of subscribers on youtube and they encourage their viewers to be toxic and combative online through targeted harassment and organized down voting, review bombing, etc. because they believe they're on a noble mission "fighting for the fans" of these franchises thereby saving them from the evils of Hollywood perversion and corruption.  Their entire business model is making endless angry nerdrage videos about how each new piece of media produced by the wokelords of the entertainment industry(including video games) is an attack on them, the properties, and especially "the fans".   Its not too difficult to understand why these types would be drawn to a guy whose made such films as 300, Sucker Punch, and Man of Steel, especially after he got the boot from that same evil Hollywood when it became clear to the studio and everyone else that he was wildly unfit to create and lead an MCU-like equivalent universe for DC.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I think part of it is that reactionary right wing breadtube nerds like Zack Snyder.  Some of those guys have millions of subscribers on youtube and they encourage their viewers to be toxic and combative online through targeted harassment and organized down voting, review bombing, etc. because they believe they're on a noble mission "fighting for the fans" of these franchises thereby saving them from the evils of Hollywood perversion and corruption.  Their entire business model is making endless angry nerdrage videos about how each new piece of media produced by the wokelords of the entertainment industry(including video games) is an attack on them, the properties, and especially "the fans".   Its not too difficult to understand why these types would be drawn to a guy whose made such films as 300, Sucker Punch, and Man of Steel, especially after he got the boot from that same evil Hollywood when it became clear to the studio and everyone else that he was wildly unfit to create and lead an MCU-like equivalent universe for DC.

Honestly, based on my observation, it seems like Snyder gaining a prominent right-wing following was at least partially because a lot of leftist people on the Internet accused his movies of being fascist and alt-right, especially after he said that he wanted to adapt Ayn Rand’s The Fountainhead. Basically, these Fandom Menace types noticed that Snyder’s films seemed to piss off a bunch of “SJWs,” so they figured that must have  made him one of them.

To be clear, Snyder is not a right-winger. People have tried to argue that 300 is white nationalist propaganda, but by all accounts, Snyder’s intention with that film was meant to be in the vein of Paul Verhoeven’s adaptation of Starship Troopers. If I recall, Snyder himself has stated as much. Aside from that, Sucker Punch is meant to be a feminist power fantasy, and BvS takes a very clear jab against Dick Cheney. It should also be noted that despite Snyder’s fondness for The Fountainhead, he doesn’t seem to think too highly of Ayn Rand as a person. 

So, yeah, Snyder definitely has some toxic fans. No argument there, although I think a lot of his detractors aren’t completely innocent either. This isn’t the Zack Snyder thread though, so that’s the last I’ll say on the topic. 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, grim22 said:

No streaming date mentioned for The Batman in this ad, just a "Stream after theaters", everything else has a date attached

It's unofficial: They moved The Batman HBO Max premiere to May 22nd (at least in Europe).

• Astonished 1

4 hours ago, Eric Legion said:

Is that actually wise? I feel like it might piss off a lot of Max subscribers without generating much additional theatrical rev.

To be honest, they never actually announced the 19th April date officially..

That date was based on a lot of online speculation.. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Eric Legion said:

Is that actually wise? I feel like it might piss off a lot of Max subscribers without generating much additional theatrical rev.

They'll live.

Streaming release dates are moved around frequently (especially when COVID was at its worst and impacted production on everything). They already have plenty of content coming this month otherwise anyway so might as well save the movie still in theaters making money for a later date.

• Like 1

I have a question about one scene.

Spoiler

In the film, Bruce Wayne thought the woman with Falcone was Selina on funeral but then found that was not her. But according to photos from the location, Zoe did appear in that place. So what happened? Did they shoot that scene with Zoe just for her back?

6 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

Hide contents

In the film, Bruce Wayne thought the woman with Falcone was Selina on funeral but then found that was not her. But according to photos from the location, Zoe did appear in that place. So what happened? Did they shoot that scene with Zoe just for her back?

most likely.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

That scene is weird in general because Falcone already has the scar marks on his face that Selina gives him much later on in the film. My guess is there was a substantial change in the Selina/Falcone plotline at some point after the funeral scene was filmed (which we know from the photo leaks was in early-mid September 2020), leading to some parts of that scene being reshot (like the reveal that the lady in the hat was not Selina) while others remained unchanged (like Falcone sporting the scars). 

• Like 1

On 3/30/2022 at 9:17 PM, filmlover said:

I'm still not sure what Zack Snyder has done to inspire a Michael Jackson-esque legion of militant stans, and I don't think I even want to know either.

They're still tame compared to Swifties, BTS Army, Barbs etc. lol 

Also that "Snyder fans are right wing" narrative is false. There may be SOME alt-righters on YT who take pot shots at progressive individuals in the industry by trying to bait the Snyder fandom for clicks and trying to make them believe that "cancelling" people connected to The Batman and other projects will lead WB to fire them or whatever and #RestoreTheSnyderVerse but I don't think those YouTubers actually care for Snyder or his work all that much. His politics are diametrically opposite to theirs except for his fascination for The Fountainhead, which he recently admitted is not a project he's interested in any more considering the current political climate. 

Edited by Spidey Freak

54 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Hide contents

That scene is weird in general because Falcone already has the scar marks on his face that Selina gives him much later on in the film. My guess is there was a substantial change in the Selina/Falcone plotline at some point after the funeral scene was filmed (which we know from the photo leaks was in early-mid September 2020), leading to some parts of that scene being reshot (like the reveal that the lady in the hat was not Selina) while others remained unchanged (like Falcone sporting the scars). 

Spoiler

Falcone already has scars on his face from before he met Selina, I read into it that the scars were given to him by Selina’s mother. In the scene near the end where she scratches his face, she makes a point to scratch his face in the same place where he’s already scarred.

The scars are definitely there before Selina attacks him, so this isn’t a continuity error.

• Like 1

Folks on Twitter are saying that The Batman is remaining in theaters in China until May 17th since so many theaters have been closed.  

I don’t think that’ll make much of a difference, but at least people who want to see it will get a chance there.  FPp2J7CXsAA-qmt?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 1