Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

3 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

Crazy, I know. Almost like the movie should be really good.

There's genuinely a lot of confidence being projected on this movie by WB. They know when to hide movies and when to show them, at least based on their internal readings.

Maybe critics and audiences don't like it as much, who knows? But there's no denying that the studio thinks there's something here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, grim22 said:

There's genuinely a lot of confidence being projected on this movie by WB. They know when to hide movies and when to show them, at least based on their internal readings.

Maybe critics and audiences don't like it as much, who knows? But there's no denying that the studio thinks there's something here. 

I agree. I think I read they have decided to go fill throttle with the release of Evil Dead now. It was going to be a cut back Magic Mike type release but they changed there mind (perhaps after reactions to the screenings).

I said "maybe the movie is good." I am open to it being good. But it being good and also being troubled/crazy expensive while the studio needs a hit are not mutually exclusive. 

I don't want to turn this into an argument so I'm just gonna drop the topic. 

Edited by AMC Theaters Enjoyer

After months if not years of this movie being saddled by bad press surrounding the delays and the bad press of the lead actor, WB has finally started to regain control of the narrative.

With that in mind, it makes total sense that they would want to maintain that positive narrative and have the press be about how good the movie is rather than all the drama surrounding it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JWR said:

After months if not years of this movie being saddled by bad press surrounding the delays and the bad press of the lead actor, WB has finally started to regain control of the narrative.

With that in mind, it makes total sense that they would want to maintain that positive narrative and have the press be about how good the movie is rather than all the drama surrounding it. 

Selling it is a good film and not try to sell Miller is the obvious choice.

Thing is WB;s control of the narrative could be up ended by a DA or a Lawyer in one of the lawsuits at any time.

On 3/18/2023 at 11:14 AM, eddyxx said:

Cause Spielberg said that he saved cinema.

yeah free speech is a thing, doesnt meant its not stupid or that the media has to pretend its true

I'm not allowed to see this says my fiance thanks to her hatred of Erza Miller. Given how the last couple of DC movies have done and the controversary behind the scenes thinking this does a lot less than people think. 500m worldwide would be a good result.

What are the general expectations for this films box office?

• ...wtf 3

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Batman hasn't guaranteed a billion in a while

SOme people are stil living the the first decade of this century.

Batman might end up being the main selling point for this movie for a variety of reasons, but there is no guarantee it can bring in a billion.

And once again, most ot his hype is among the hard core comic book fanboys. We will have to wait and see if it can spread to the General Audience, who are the ones who will decide the fate of this film.

17 hours ago, eXtacy said:

I'm not allowed to see this says my fiance thanks to her hatred of Erza Miller. Given how the last couple of DC movies have done and the controversary behind the scenes thinking this does a lot less than people think. 500m worldwide would be a good result.

What are the general expectations for this films box office?

Given the massive budget 500M would be not good

17 hours ago, thajdikt said:

Given the massive budget 500M would be not good

The official report til now is 200M, stop adding hundreds of millions without a concrete proof.

Edited by Ohana
spelling mistake