Eric the Ape

MEMORIAL DAY 2021 WEEKEND THREAD | AQP2 19.3 Fri, Cruella 7.7 | SALE: $5 OFF FIRST MONTH OF GOLD

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

My internal weekend multiplier math is a bit rusty, but does this mean we’re looking at something like

47.3/57.3

With that strong Friday and A- cinemascore (amazing for a horror thriller), this will be close to 50m, meaning my club is likely a success! 

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

My internal weekend multiplier math is a bit rusty, but does this mean we’re looking at something like

47.3/57.3

I'm thinking Saturday will be more like a 20% increase from true friday

Edited by lorddemaxus

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

60M 4 day :Gaga: 

Apparently your single theater is representative enough to nationwide number, hope they do well for afternoon and night session! Night is always a good time for action thriller!   

Edited by Borobudur

2 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Come on, 50M three day. It's still possible, right?

If this is a normal weekend then perhaps not, but with Sunday acting like another Saturday, 50m 3 days is a more likely than not situation. Buzz for AQP2 has been lacking actually but wom is good enough. One of my friend have seen it, his comment is the 1st one is more special, and give fresh impression but this sequel is more crowd-pleasing. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Industry tracking was $30-35m for the 4 day. It’s doing great business. 

Well we all know this forum have way better projections.

But forget what i said about AQP, that Friday number is great.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

That's about a 4.021x on the preview number. It's lower than Pirates 5's 4.285x, but that arguably had more of a family lean. If we're talking horror MD openers (which yes, aren't the easiest comparisons considering how low they are.), the Friday/Preview ratio for Brightburn was 3.159x.

Either way, this is very very good, as we're about O/U 50M. We'll see if that A- Cinemascore leads to anything that will really give it a boost.

• Astonished 1

We really needed this. 
This will be confirmation to other studios and their ridiculous streaming same day strategies that people are wanting to go to the movies. 

I totally get that the game has changed as far as windows go. But move your premium access/HBO same day stuff out to a month and let theaters do their thing. There’s no better showcase for your product than the big screen. Keep it feeling special like it always has done.  

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

We really needed this. 
This will be confirmation to other studios and their ridiculous streaming same day strategies that people are wanting to go to the movies. 

I totally get that the game has changed as far as windows go. But move your premium access/HBO same day stuff out to a month and let theaters do their thing. There’s no better showcase for your product than the big screen. Keep it feeling special like it always has done.  

Exactly, they have been waiting for another big punch. Guys, if you stay at USA , bring your friends and relative to cinema to see either AQP or Cruella! 

• Like 1

With this, Arclight cinema revival is getting close.

But weirdly this number has been out for nearly half an hour but press like Variety or Deadline or anyone are still report nothing on this. Could this 19.3m a prank??

Just now, titanic2187 said:

With this, Arclight cinema revival is getting close.

But weirdly this number has been out for nearly half an hour but press like Variety or Deadline or anyone are still report nothing on this. Could this 19.3m a prank??

or they probably are waiting for cruella