Cap

BLACK WIDOW OPENING WEEKEND THREAD | 80M DOM, 78 OS, Disney PR - 60M Premier Access (aka we swear it's not a disappoinment)

22 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Shang Chi and Eternals will be the real test because everyone that wants a vaccine should be able to get one by then in the US.

This was already true in June

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Why? You think the audience members watching Loki weren’t already subscribed when WandaVision was on? 

I meant those shows stole all the hype online, they really should have delayed Loki release until several weeks after BW.

14 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

I meant those shows stole all the hype online, they really should have delayed Loki release until several weeks after BW.

I think people who watch these shows are already MCU fans and are likely to already be planning to watch Black Widow. If they’re watching a TV spin off, I’m sure they’ll be watching the main films. 

Plus, I see tweets about Loki for the 20 minutes it’s on. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 2

Interesting...

13 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

How do they account for shared Disney accounts. It may not be 1.1 unique buys. But they cover only 28 million households. So the best bet is Disney release. But samba data is good to look from relative perspective considering the huge sample. 

Samba tv listen directly to the smart TV themselve, it could someone that stole someone else account or pirated the movie and would still work I think (probably going with the sound like the playstation did).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Samba tv listen directly to the smart TV themselve, it could someone that stole someone else account or pirated the movie and would still work I think (probably going with the sound like the playstation did).

Its not about stealing. People share accounts. Disney might clamp at some point but for now that is a factor for sure. 

10 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Disney is a great stock and underpriced. Streaming and parks will work well together

It has great potential energy but I feel its too bloated at this point. Look at the sales over past 5 years. There is very little growth. Great Companies(Look at topline of AAPL/AMZN/MSFT/NVDA/GOOG/FB etc), they keep growing their topline and I would like to see with DIS. But they may have to prune some of the capital intensive business. Let us see where Chapek takes us. I am still invested in it. 

dis.png

34 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Its not about stealing. People share accounts. Disney might clamp at some point but for now that is a factor for sure. 

I am not sure why you thought the point was about stealing, it was just to show how much it would work with a shared account (that it would even work with a stolen one or a torrent download, because it listen on what play on the tv itself, not how)

Apparently unlike sony old technology that was recognizing the sound of the content it use pixel informations to try to find a match with a database of all known medias.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

I mean the 2 million people who paid for PA knew the movie is out online...for free..they still paid for it. Same for Cruella and Raya in terms of people who paid for PA, abd also Box office legs of these 2 films.

Warner Brothers' movie are always day-and-date release and everyone knows that.. piracy has always been rampant but I see GvK doing okay in terms of legs..

I would argue that most people who pirate the movies - have no intention of paying for them anyways..

If legs are bad; i wouldn't blame it on PA.. WoM is also a factor. Again if this was an A/A+ cinemascore, RT critics score >90%, IMDB score > 7.6 to 8..

I would argue that even the initial weekend multiple would have been better.

I would say it’s more that plenty of those 2 million don’t quite have the means to be able to get it at the same quality as on D+. 
That’s a situation that will only continue to go in the wrong direction for Disney as time passes. 

I’m not advocating it, but I’m not blind to the reality. Most people on here I’m sure know people that live by getting these movies for free. I know I do. 

This is why I just do not see day and date releases as a move in the right direction. Those that paid that $30 will get ‘savvy’ at some point. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

movie industry. It’s a perpetual decline now. 

Just like USA, losing to China uncontrollably.

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

DIS stock is up 2.33% today and at their highest point in several months.

This was a successful weekend :sparta:

Meanwhile, AMC shares goes up 2000% year to date. Long live theater and big screen matters!!

218094522_4516964031646956_4927364300171

Edited by titanic2187
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Once the Disney parks fully reopen and everyone feels safe going Disney will be back in business. I heard the parks make way more money for them than their movies.

Paying the parks workers poorly helps...