Eric the Ape

Weekend Thread: Free Guy 28.4, Don't Breathe 10.6, Jungle Cruise 9, Respect 8.8, TSS 7.75

I remember I watched the big sick not knowing anything about the film. Not a trailer not sypnopsis not even an idea of genre.

Ended up being one of my favorite films and such a ride that could not have been experienced the same way knowing anything about the film.

• Like 1

Just now, Dominic Brehetto said:

I remember I watched the big sick not knowing anything about the film. Not a trailer not sypnopsis not even an idea of genre.

Ended up being one of my favorite films and such a ride that could not have been experienced the same way knowing anything about the film.

My goofiest one was confusing LION with FOUR LIONS (from years earlier, no less!) and early on wondering when the terrorism would start. (I only knew the vaguest concept of FOUR LIONS to boot.)

lmao. I loved it though. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

A cinemascore for Respect

That doesn't surprise me at all, the last 10 minutes and credits (right before people leave the theater and tell cinemascore people what they think) is incredible.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

That doesn't surprise me at all, the last 10 minutes and credits (right before people leave the theater and tell cinemascore people what they think) is incredible.  

Any idea on how the Protege might do next week? O/U reminiscence?

Jungle Cruise and Free Guy both getting good audience reception. Doing moderately well at box office and Luca becoming one of the biggest tested film on Nielsen. Cruella also getting good wom and moderate box office/PA

:sadno: looks like Shang-Chi might be the scarfice they make this year. 

11 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Can we have at least one hour of pre-sale data before pulling out the doom and gloom cards?

Seriously. :lol: 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Lokis Legion said:

Glad that it has one but could you tell us what it is?

Was thinking of making that joke, but decided to pass on the low hanging fruit. :ph34r:

Glad someone else was thinking along those lines. 👍

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Jungle Cruise and Free Guy both getting good audience reception. Doing moderately well at box office and Luca becoming one of the biggest tested film on Nielsen. Cruella also getting good wom and moderate box office/PA

…what is BW then? 

7 minutes ago, Dominic Brehetto said:

*Checks Notes*

The most successful film of the year according to Zatt!

Scott Mendelson calling it “either the most disappointing success or most successful disappointment” got a good chuckle from me.

35 minutes ago, RRA said:

…what is BW then? 

14 minutes ago, Dominic Brehetto said:

*Checks Notes*

The most successful film of the year according to Zatt!

Black Widow is no way a sacrifice and probably break even.

It really sucks TSS is a flat out bomb. It’s a unique comic book movie with heart and action that isn’t choppy shakycam. Tbh I’d rather have DC throw money at a Director to do whatever than another bland MCU film. After how amazing and cathartic Endgame was, I’m over MCU now. Can’t imagine all the money WB lost and will continue to lose this year. MAX cannot justify this bleeding 

Will any movie have a decent 2nd weekend hold? I guess it’s up to Free Guy now

Edited by BestPicturePlutoNash
  • Like 3